My first EVER flat tire (a block from home)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been said (by Ross Kean) already, but I'll second it anyway. When you head out, have a NEW tube of whatever glue you use. Despite the instructions I've seen on various string products, smear the string with glue too. I use E6000 and it has done the job just fine, but when you get home, throw the old tube away and get another. A small tube, since you'll use it just once. Glue dries up! I've got no input on the question of the patch being temporary and needing to replace the tire. I never bothered. Luckily, I never had a flat on a brand new tire or I might have done more than I did. BTW, my Slime pump has worked very well on flats on my own and other's bikes on a few occasions.

Received an email today from Best Rest Products. They're having a sale on their tire inflators and repair kits. $20 off the tire inflator, $5 off tire repair kits.
Here's the URL for the CyclePump EXPEDITION Tire Inflator:

https://bestrestproducts.com/shop/c...-inflator/cyclepump-expedition-tire-inflator/
Yes, they are pricey, but you won't ever need to replace it. Made in the USA with a lifetime warranty. US Patent D800,788

Motorcycle Consumer News awarded the CyclePump their “Top Choice Award” not once, but TWICE.