my new pet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donaldb

Reaction score
This little dude was found hanging from my garage light fixture yesterday.........I let him "hang" around for the day.....he left after dark and did not return this morning......thank God!

After all halloween is around the corner

IMGP0372.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A week ago I opened up my wood stove on a frosty ~30 degree evening and this is what I found IN my wood stove. This picture is taken through the glass front, looking inside:

Img_2190sm2.jpg

A gen-u-ine for really live baby flying squirrel. Last year we had three drop down the chimney and get stuck. We raised all three and released them. They now live in a bird house I put in a tree for them. Here are two that fit into a tiny bird feeding cup:

DSCN7922sm.jpg

I now have a screened cover over the chimney.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea, we got those little fellers down south too. Couple years ago while deer hunting, my hunting house apparently became home to a family of flying squirrels over the summer months. During hunting season I would put a handfull of feed corn in my pocket and leave them w/dinner. They got use to my presents and one day while sitting still, and quiet the little buggers came out and began to dine. One decided to show his gratitude by jumping onto my head, where he ran around in circles and then proudly took a shit. I had tiny little scratches on my forehead for about a week.

Build some houses for those bats! Them suckers can eat bout a gazillion skeeters per night! A good friend to have in our southern neighborhoods.

I found one a couple days ago, don't think I'll try to keep this one around tho.............

batman.jpg

I don't think skeeters are in his diet.

I would have had to waste that bat.

An accurate, high powered pellet gun would do the trick every time, and a little spackling for the tiny hole in the wall/ceiling.

For skeeter control, put up a purple martin house, those birds eat 2000 skeeters a day, each.

I had an uncle who got bitten by a freakin bat while riding his motorcycle about 15 or so yrs ago. probably a really freak incident, regardless, something like 21 shots in the stomach.

Waste em! :trinibob:

What you call that a good friend who just hangs around and dumps on your poarch,light fixtures and

carries rabies. He is no friend of mine, I say shoot the dam thing.

Oh I forgot they are a protected spieces call the bat hot line for correct removal of that ugly thing..

The school of choice would be the Unversity of California at Davis Ca. they have a direct connect to the bat phone . mm mmm mm

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: weekend rider