My ride to EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodie

Darksider #16 - and Proud of it !
Reaction score
Wow, what a trip.

I woke up on Saturday morning around 4am to the sound of my wife, Linda, feeding our 5 cats. Took a shower, donned an attachment, then got dressed for my ride. I wear an Aerostitch Roadcrafter 2 piece riding suit whenever I ride the bike. With me its pretty much ATGATT, all the gear all the time. I also use a base layer from LD Comfort consisting of a mock turtleneck top with zippered collar, and a pair of riding shorts. I also have a pair of Levi 501 jeans that l made into short pants, with the rear pockets removed. When riding long distances you want to eliminate any folds or seams in your seating area. I will layer as needed during the ride, typically with my Gerbing heated jacket liner, if its a long ride, then with an insulated vest over the liner to add insulation. When it gets cold I also add a pair of Lee Parks bamboo sweat pants to round out the layering.

This trip is my first attempt at riding across the country in one shot, so I tried something new to me, which worked out pretty well, a device called Stadium Pal. This Stadium Pal is a device to enable me to (ahem) multitask when adding fuel at the gas station pump. When finished all I need do is walk over to the gas stations landscaping, reach down at my left ankle to open up a drain valve and add to the lawns hydration. Then close the valve for the next time, walk back to the bike and ride on. Definitely a great time saver, which when your on the clock it is a great advantage.

My buddy Russ Perry came by at 5 oclock as planned, I said my goodbyes to my very best friend, and we proceeded to a Dennys in Sant Cruz for breakfast. My ride started at a Chevron station near the beach as soon as the pump printed my receipt. I would be on the clock until Monday morning, some forty seven hours later at a Mobile gas station in Jacksonville Beach Florida with the printing of another receipt. There I would be greeted by my cousin who would witness my ride paperwork and we would then proceed to the police station to have an officer be the second witness to make it official.

Im now here lounging in bed on Tuesday morning at my cousins house, that he so graciously opened up to me, gathering my thoughts and reviewing what went right, and what I would do differently. Alas, that will have to wait for another instalment, time to get the day started.

To be continued...

Last edited by a moderator:
BIG CBA fine in the mail ASAP Sir Stadium Pal Brodie!
fool.gif

Stadium Pal sounds a hell of a lot worse than taking a leak {a} inside the gas station or {b} in the bushes behind the gas station or on the side of the highway. You getting EOM attendees to autograph that thing?

Damn! Cali-dudes be crazy.

<seriously> Wishing you great weather and gas mileage, and looking forward to the next RR installment.

I think the Stadium Pal is where I draw the line. I never realized that particular line existed, but now I think I've found it. While it is true that the rider can't concentrate on what the bladder can't hold, and there is nothing wrong with trying to find the optimum efficiency when traveling, I'll always be willing to sacrifice a few minutes for this cause. In the event traditional waste processing equipment is not available, then I will find a place where the grass looks particularly dry.

Ride on, Mr. Brodie. Safe travels to you, sir.

I must admit, I felt like a dog stopping at spots to leave his mark along the way.
Brodie
To paraphrase from the slick NYC character in The Big Chill, as he emerges from the woods adjusting his pants: "That's what I love most about nature. Bathroom opportunities everywhere."

It only gets worse as you get older.

EOM? End Of Message? Equal Opportunity Massage? Extreme Overlord Madness? Executives Order Materials? Extremely Outlandish Mantras? Ethereal Otherworldly Meditations?

It's all fun and games until someone's catheterized. :(

Got to ask... does the SP get, ummm, uncomfie, after awhile? It's designed for a baseball, football game.. not 18 hours worth?