My Spider Bite Story

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. I originally picked this thread because I thought for sure Spider Bites were my problem based on the rough running being so intermittent. But the wiring and splice joints were like new. S4 wiring is not burned like some of the photos here, but I need to reseat S4 metal cleat but so hard to reach.

But the comments and replies by all have been helpful to me sort this out. Ross mentioned Battery parasitic drain, and this morning after 12hrs of sitting the battery puked. My earlier voltage checks were good w 13.6v while running. Didn't do a load check, but a new battery is in order.

So I am all over the board, but hopeful the battery will be the culprit. The FJR is at the dealer looking into the wiring recalls just in case I missed something.

Best regards to all.

LOL. I originally picked this thread because I thought for sure Spider Bites were my problem based on the rough running being so intermittent. But the wiring and splice joints were like new. S4 wiring is not burned like some of the photos here, but I need to reseat S4 metal cleat but so hard to reach.

But the comments and replies by all have been helpful to me sort this out. Ross mentioned Battery parasitic drain, and this morning after 12hrs of sitting the battery puked. My earlier voltage checks were good w 13.6v while running. Didn't do a load check, but a new battery is in order.

So I am all over the board, but hopeful the battery will be the culprit. The FJR is at the dealer looking into the wiring recalls just in case I missed something.

Best regards to all.
You can Google Yamaha recall site select motorcycle enter your vin# to see if your model had or needed the ignition switch recall and # 4 ground connector with distribution clip (spider) had the second ground wire added as I posted for you to solder a wire on #6 while you have the fairing. Doing this to the 4 and 6 usually you will never have a ground issues with the type ground connector. VMMY

Side note my friend Dan Cooper lucked into a "Brodie" ground harness a plug and play to ALL of 6 these 12 volt ground connectors for the spider connectors.
Packed with Ox Guard anti corrosion paste too.