NAFO 2016 - Where?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[DPF Content]

We're all getting pretty old. Maybe we'll be on Beemers and Goldwings by 2016? Well, except for Petey.

[/DPF Content]

Fred. You're the only one around here getting old. Have fun on your Harley Trike.
No, actually I was talking about you, Mark. I'm still young enough to deal with a few chilly days without bailing out to the land of the gray hairs.

Fred. You're the only one around here getting old. Have fun on your Harley Trike.
With the enormous trailer...
Trailer, what? Is that to carry all your extra plaid boxer shorts?

Beemers are BMWs, and Goldwings are Honda 2-wheel megaliths. I have no idea where you two mid-westerners (yeah, you're still a MW'er Mark, even if you moved south) came up with this idea of trailers and 3 wheel abominations and caravan towing. Sheesh...

Fred. You were the one saying YOU were old and limp.

I just happen to live next to some awesome roads and warmer weather. Nothing old and limp about that. :)

Sheesh, yer gettin awe fully old and crotchety!

:D

My hope is that it is in Utah. time will tell. I have never been out west so I need an excuse to go.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
If somehow NAFO ends up in Moab I will be coming early and bringing both the FJR and the WR450 which means trailering. The offroad opportunities around Moab are awesome!!

What about Durango? I don't know that Cedar City can handle a group that large, and Moab is expensive.

If it was around Durango, it would be easy for me to help get started. If it were me, I'd do rooms, shirts and a banquet. If anyone wanted SWAG, they could figure that out themselves. The only "Attendance fee" would be for the shirt and the meal, and I'd figure neither of those are mandatory.

I know I didn't go to NAFO in 2008, even though it was around Denver. It was going to cost us $700 just for the fucking rally fee, which was ridiculous and enormously greedy. After that $700, I still would have had to pay for room, most meals and fuel. Greed is not my deal, and I think this could be done with minimum grief. The biggest hassle would be shirts and the banquet.

No further discussion on this - did I miss something or has the concept of "NAFO" faded away??
I was surprised to see this thread resurrected. It is probably too late for a SW-FOG NAFO. Especially if it is to be held in spring like it was this year. Hell, we could just call EOM NAFO next year. It wouldn't change anything. It was a hell of a turn out this year. About the size of a NAFO.

What about Durango? I don't know that Cedar City can handle a group that large, and Moab is expensive.
If it was around Durango, it would be easy for me to help get started. If it were me, I'd do rooms, shirts and a banquet. If anyone wanted SWAG, they could figure that out themselves. The only "Attendance fee" would be for the shirt and the meal, and I'd figure neither of those are mandatory.

I know I didn't go to NAFO in 2008, even though it was around Denver. It was going to cost us $700 just for the fucking rally fee, which was ridiculous and enormously greedy. After that $700, I still would have had to pay for room, most meals and fuel. Greed is not my deal, and I think this could be done with minimum grief. The biggest hassle would be shirts and the banquet.
I wasn't anywhere near that cost for NAFO2010 and I still couldn't believe the pissing and moaning. It was an excellent venue with a great hotel staff. The meals and accommodations were excellent and I even refunded money after it was all over.

We had such a great time riding through Colorado on our way home from SW-FOG that we would love to go back to that area and explore some more. Hell, I may just plan a spring trip out there next year and have my own NAFO. I can even make my own t-shirt!

Did I miss something - there's been zero discussion around one of the regional events being designated as "NAFO" for 2016?

Wayne, the little Mexican kid AJ posted this up at FJR Forum. If AJ would be interested in taking the Lead on this, I'd serve as his "Tobie" assistant!

"What about Durango? I don't know that Cedar City can handle a group that large, and Moab is expensive.

I know I didn't go to NAFO in 2008, even though it was around Denver. It was going to cost us $700 just for the fucking rally fee, which was ridiculous and enormously greedy. After that $700, I still would have had to pay for room, most meals and fuel. Greed is not my deal, and I think this could be done with minimum grief. The biggest hassle would be shirts and the banquet."

'Zilla also mentioned "Toas" as an alternative, Taos Best Western Kachina Inn treated us great for the two years Dan Compton and I held SW-FOG there!

https://www.kachinalodge.com "Owners Dean and Sally Koop have been at the helm of the Kachina Lodge for over 19 years plus. They have spent years making the Kachina Lodge a true resort destination in Taos."

Unbelievably, Dean and Sally told Big Dan and Papa Chuy we were the best behaved "Bikers" who had ever staged an event at Kachina Lodge and we were welcome back anytime! Even with Alex and Adam in their undies!

I have no idea who would ever want to pick up that job. Sounds like a pain in the ass and a waste of precious vacation time.
Kudos to whoever steps up to this , if anyone does...cuz I have no idea what the personal motivation would be.
wheaty,wheaty...
headbonk.gif
.....I'm glad we have peeps that think otherwise...
yahoo.gif

How about here? https://www.gatewaycanyons.com/

Gateway, CO.

The rooms are only $750/night... 'Zilla can bring his Bentley and Don and KJ can bring their BMW's...Make the Rally fee $1000 to keep the riff-raff out...

Plover on toast anyone?

or Wheatie's house...

^^^^^Guys if I had AJ's el Dinero, I would rake mine in to a pile in the front yard and burn it, KJ and Chuy do light our Havana Cohiba cigars with $50 bills though! JSNS, Mullarkey and Blarney^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts