NAFO 2021

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm... wonder if we’ll be able to cross the land border by then.

Maybe I should buy a bike while I’m down here in AZ, store it in Montana and fly home from there. 🤔

I'm going to try to talk SWMBO into letting me go. She's been fussy since the last get-off, but I'm hoping. Get my second shot for covid at the end of the month, so that's off the list.

Room booked and calendar penciled in. 
Thanks to the AZ government, I’ll be all vaccinated up by the end of the month. 
Hoping the land borders get opened up by then. You’d think they’d open it to motorcycles regardless. Full face shields, way more than 2m separation, always avoid congested areas... gotta be low risk. 😜

I just had to be curious and see if there were any more plans for a NAFO. :fool:   I bought an Africa Twin this spring and after riding on that thing (which fits me well being 6'-7") I feel like I'm riding a mini bike when I get back on the FJR.  I stripped the accessories off this weekend to sell the FJR.  I've been torn about selling it, and now NAFO in CO again is very tempting.

I just had to be curious and see if there were any more plans for a NAFO. :fool:   I bought an Africa Twin this spring and after riding on that thing (which fits me well being 6'-7") I feel like I'm riding a mini bike when I get back on the FJR.  I stripped the accessories off this weekend to sell the FJR.  I've been torn about selling it, and now NAFO in CO again is very tempting.
Every once in awhile I feel the same thing having a Super Tenere' it's 90 HP motivates it well and fits my 6'3" frame well. It goes everywhere my Black Cherry will go and more but I just spent 570 miles on the FJR and the FJR still makes me just "SMILE" and I really don't care if my friends say I look like a Monkey riding a football!

That being said' we have made life long friends here and no one gives a rip what your riding! 

JSNS

Every once in awhile I feel the same thing having a Super Tenere' it's 90 HP motivates it well and fits my 6'3" frame well. It goes everywhere my Black Cherry will go and more but I just spent 570 miles on the FJR and the FJR still makes me just "SMILE" and I really don't care if my friends say I look like a Monkey riding a football!

That being said' we have made life long friends here and no one gives a rip what your riding! 

JSNS
I don't really care what people think, I'm just getting to the point where being all cramped up for a long time is less enjoyable.  I can stretch out on the Africa Twin WAY more than on the FJR, hence the mini bike comment, lol.  I suppose I could also show up on the AT...

We have a partner - The Glenwood Springs Kiwanis Club will be putting on our Steak Dinner/Banquet on Saturday Night.

There will be a Steak or Chicken option, Salad, Potato, Dessert, and Beer available at extra cost for those that choose to drink.
Still sorting out the location, the Kiwanis have a park but it is a little ways away from the Motel, there is a park next to the hotel as well but the Kiwanis are looking into transportation options for using their park.

Details forthcoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.