Nafo Announced

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and two thumbs up for considering our Northern neighbors! :yahoo:

And we're calling it [SIZE=12pt]North American[/SIZE] and not National because it's so important and apparent that Canadian involvement in these gathering is so spectacular.

Who from the EOM group was on this committee? In talking with many here at EOM, RIGHT NOW!. we would like to seee another EOM. Last time I knew, there wasn't a structured leadership group for EOM. Just a lot of good people, who have the time to setup a great rally. I hope to see more EOM's in the future.
Slap-n-pop was the EOM rep if i remember correctly.

Also, the regional gatherings aren't going away, so there will be more EOMs.

Who, slapnpop the deserter? EOM rep? UhHuh!

Hahahaha!!! just kidding Travis. I sure did miss you at EOM a whole lot, my friend. We had good ridin', good company & good drinks.

I tried to tell a few people that this year was not the end of EOM. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that the regional meets aren't going to happen anymore since NAFO is coming to fruition.

For sure, it was made clear by Yamaha reps that EOM won't be supported next year... just NAFO... which I happen to think sucks big.

We had a pretty good turnout at EOM. I think that it's somewhere in the 120 bike range. I lost count. There were a few name tags left over that weren't claimed. On the other hand, a few folks came to the meet that weren't on the list. So, give or take 120ish bikes. Nothing to spit at.

I feel that it's important to keep the regional meets going.

Heidi

I don't see why IBR and our meetings should be scheduled in consideration of one another.

There were 14 FJR's in the rally this year. 14! Heck there were almost 10X that many Feejers at EOM this year. And we know this not the largest event.

I vote to keep regionals as they are...the national to be the both regional and national in that territory when it's that territories turn to host.

So something like this:

2008 WFO and NAFO together, EOM, CFR, SFO, CFO separate

2009 CFO and NAFO together, then EOM CFR, SFO separate

2010 CFR and NAFO together, EOM, SFO, CFO separate

And so on. A lot of people aren't going to want to cross the country for the national, but will attend regional. And most of those aren't going to participate in the IBR. So I guess I'm not seeing the point here except to accomodate a handful of people. And to be fair to accomodate these folks on rally years as much as wel can, just don't schedule NAFO until several weeks AFTER the IBR or several months before. Just a thought. One man, one vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote to keep regionals as they are...the national to be the both regional and national in that territory when it's that territories turn to host.
So something like this:

2008 WFO and NAFO together, EOM, CFR, SFO, CFO separate

You've kinda hit on one of our current avenues of thought. I'm confident that we will strike a good balance for most everyone with some combo of events/timing and we will get it figger'd out.

Gunny on TWN's notes.

There were 14 FJR's in the rally this year. 14! Heck there were almost 10X that many Feejers at EOM this year. And we know this not the largest event.
The IBR thing isn't because of attendees...it's because of organizers.

Said another way, of those 14 FJR riders..... at least 6 them were WFO staff. Said yet another way....over 1/2 of the WFO and/or likely NAFO staff are or may be involved with the IBR. Kinda hard for attendees to make hotel reservations, get registered, have banquets , etc.......unless staff have organized stuff. Not insurmountable....but a whole bunch of new staff would have to be recruited.

Last edited by a moderator:
....but a whole bunch of new staff would have to be recruited.
NOT picking a fight...

will the core 6 fjr/ibr's relinquish their nafo roles? do their outside interests control the potential attendees and timing of fjr specific events?

can the current brain trust commit their contacts, forms, and formats to something like a CD format that each region could use as a checklist / cookbook guide?

if the above requires time/money, is there money in the forum 'karma' account to assist with this?

or, can the above be placed on the www on a password protected site such as google documents, allowing it to be a collaborative effort?

i guess i reiterate my feeling that all fjr meets should be set-up on the sharks tooth principle: one pulls out, another takes its place, and the business at hand gets taken care of...

dana

NOT picking a fight...

will the core 6 fjr/ibr's relinquish their nafo roles? do their outside interests control the potential attendees and timing of fjr specific events?

can the current brain trust commit their contacts, forms, and formats to something like a CD format that each region could use as a checklist / cookbook guide?

if the above requires time/money, is there money in the forum 'karma' account to assist with this?

or, can the above be placed on the www on a password protected site such as google documents, allowing it to be a collaborative effort?

i guess i reiterate my feeling that all fjr meets should be set-up on the sharks tooth principle: one pulls out, another takes its place, and the business at hand gets taken care of...

dana
That is what will basically happen - we think and hope. Some current 'staffers' will stand down and new ones will take over. A couple current staffers may remain in lesser roles as emeritus status staffers for advisory purposes. They, in turn, will eventually stand down until NAFO rotates back to their area and if they want to jump back on board, they can. This situation will also answer the IBR participant question. This year, it was pretty much a non-issue as evidenced by the IBR placement of those WFO-6 committee members.

In short, we are in development and this deal may take a few twists and turns until we find the 'right' formula. Rest assured, the intent here is to pass along all of the tools, wisdom and assets to the following NAFO committees. This is not a personal or 'click' affair. It belongs to all FJR Owners and is to be passed on and enjoyed by all who ride the machines that bring us together - even if they do wind up on Fizzers. ;)

I have a few teeth left in my head

and fo sho agree with

So something like this:2008 WFO and NAFO together, EOM, CFR, SFO, CFO separate

Iggy- No question others need to step up the plate. Besides, it would not make a lot of sense for the WFO crew to organize a national in, say, Virginia, anyway. No knowledge of the area, roads, accomodations, etc. Sure, help on prize/donations, t-shirt design and such could be anyone, from anywhere.

Iggy- No question others need to step up the plate. Besides, it would not make a lot of sense for the WFO crew to organize a national in, say, Virginia, anyway. No knowledge of the area, roads, accomodations, etc. Sure, help on prize/donations, t-shirt design and such could be anyone, from anywhere.
On the money. The trick is to get staff additions to volunteer with TWN from around the various regions so that an '08 NAFO represented by largely WFO folks can then become leads in '09 or '10 NAFO for whatever regional steps up to be the rotating host that year. Again, TWN is the point guy to make sure there's continuity. Hopefully, he'll say, "Iggy, you've been doing banquets and budget. Make sure X and/or Y is involved so they can lead it next year."