NAFO info please

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamal

No longer frightened by corners!
Reaction score
I've been putting this off and I realize it's almost Friday, but here goes anyway. :)

In all my many years of riding, I've never attended anything like NAFO.

What can I expect? Is there some sort of 'schedule of events', or do we just wing it?

I'm happy just to be attending and putting faces to names etc. But a rough idea of what to expect would be nice.

Thanks, see you there.

Al.

From the ones I'm attended.

This will be disorganized organized event. Sure there will be a schedule of events, but you choose.

;)

Register, show up, enjoy. That's it. You should get in on the banquet and get a t-shirt so you can wear it at the next rally you attend.

There will probably be some routes posted at some point and people will gather in the evening to drink beer and socialize while kicking tires and looking over the bikes. That's where you will make some friends and maybe decide who you will ride with in the morning. If you haven't picked a group to ride with by morning then show up in the parking lot and see where folks are going and join a group then.

Since you are a local, maybe you would like to lead a group.

Last edited by a moderator:
What can I expect? Is there some sort of 'schedule of events', or do we just wing it?

I'm happy just to be attending and putting faces to names etc. But a rough idea of what to expect would be nice.

Al.
Just show up, Al. There's no hazing - unless you call the noobs buying the first round of drinks a 'hazing'.

Jeez, take a chance. Your mother did :p

Kamal, I will attempt to give you what I hope is a helpful answer but it seems to me, given the crew around here, that you have just, to use a sports metaphor, "teed it up" and there will follow in response a stream of photos of sheep, cross dressers and beer bottles - sometimes all in the same photo.

Everyone's take on these gatherings is a bit different I suspect Some folks use the the meet as the excuse for a long ride to/from the gathering. Some go for the group day-rides at the meet. Some, having ridden one or two thousand miles to get to the meet, do their laundry while others are out riding. Some enjoy the "tire kicking" in the parking lot chatting about farkles with old and new friends. Some enjoy the banquet for the food and the conversation at the dinner table. Some go to the banquet in hopes of winning swag. Sometimes there are silly parlor games at the banquet (some enjoy these, some think that they are stupid). Some spend the evenings in the bar. There is almost always a group photo, with the attendant jockeying of the FJRs. Mostly, whether the venue is riding, eating, drinking or tire kicking, it is a time to visit with friends. I have come to think of these things as a modern day equivalent of the mountain men (and women) rendezvous. Ride (in your case a short way) in, swap stories and lies, ride (for most, a long way) back, do it again next year.

KEEP YOUR BACK TO THE WALL AT ALL TIMES. Don't believe more than 10% of what anybody says. :lol:

From the ones I'm attended.

This will be disorganized organized event. Sure there will be a schedule of events, but you choose.

;)
If you think Karl and Wheatie riding to California last year was a rolling cluster feckup, just wait until you see NAFO combined with a Canuck CFR. This'll be about as organized as a nine car Mexican Wedding Procession in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas Estado ese!

https://www.hotnaturally.com/ Since there are still no organized rides up on the NAFO Rally page and Seth/DaddyDon will be rolling out of Zonieland in three days time, do you Hosers have any interest in riding out to Ainsworth Hot Springs with Stanley Boys eh?

Last month I saw Miss Tyler talk this up, but then I didn't see it go anywhere. At Nakusp in 2009 Son Seth and I rode to the British Columbia Hot Springs about 60 kilometers away and we had a fun day of it, great swimming/soaking, arcade games and good food.

map.gif

Rates and Hours. NOTE: Only 90 kilometers from Castlegar.

Hot Springs Public Hours – 10am until 9:30pm, 365 days/year.

Single Entry

Adult - $11.00 - Mary Ellen

Senior - $10.00 - Papa Chuy Viejo

Student - $10.00 - "beetle" Seth

Child (3 to 12 yrs) - $9.00 - dcarver

Single Entry

Child (3 to 12 yrs) - $9.00 - dcarver
Papa, you always find the fun things to do :D

I'll bring a swimming costume, just in case ;)

NB - NO Speedos! (unless you look like Tom Cruise in "Rock of Ages" :wub: )

I stopped at Ainsworth Hot Springs on my ride to WFO 3 or 4 (via Japser, Alberta) - whichever was in Idaho. It is a very nice place for a soak. Unlike many hot springs, though, everyone was wearing swimming costumes so there wernt many nekkid wimmens around.

Single Entry

Child (3 to 12 yrs) - $9.00 1 loonie - dcarver
Ahh give dcarver a break after all his bike is nearly in pieces with a broken sub-frame, mirror falling off and talk on the forum of impending disintegration. If he makes it to NAFO at all it will be a miracle.

Thanks Guys. Sounds like it's pretty much as I expected.

FYI Rode past Halcyon Hot Springs on Sunday, after lunch in Nakusp, they appear to have escaped the flooding.

Mary-Ellen.

My mum didn't take a chance, she was visited by an archangel prior to my birth - still not sure about dad :)

Al.

KEEP YOUR BACK TO THE WALL AT ALL TIMES. Don't believe more than 10% of what anybody says. :lol:

Ray!!!! now ya done gone spoiled all our fun!

Rally veergins are the best hazing victims evah LOL

Single Entry

Child (3 to 12 yrs) - $9.00 1 loonie - dcarver
Ahh give dcarver a break after all his bike is nearly in pieces with a broken sub-frame, mirror falling off and talk on the forum of impending disintegration. If he makes it to NAFO at all it will be a miracle.

If I were a betting man... Wait! I am a betting man. ;)

Anyway, I'd put dollars to Timmie's doughnuts that Carver will be there, and his tired old biotch kRzy8 will be the belle of the ball. Don't let his kRzy talk fool ya.