NAFO info please

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm planning on riding to Ainsworth Hot Springs on Friday... anyone who is interested is more than welcome to join me! B)

Last month I saw Miss Tyler talk this up, but then I didn't see it go anywhere.

map.gif
ME!
Us Two, Ty Baby! Seth and I will roll out with you and DC on Friday to Ainsworth. Were you going to start a separate thread on this or just announce it at NAFO? I had volunteered with Jeff and Barb to work Registration as soon as we Stanley Boys arrived in Castlegar on Thursday, depending on what time our CAR LEADER Fairlaner gets our riding group to the hotel from our Spokane departure point. Since I have three days before Seth and I jump on "Gisele" and head North, I could make up a dozen Ainsworth Hot Springs road trip fliers beforehand (then copy more as needed!) and hand them out at Registration!

Last edited by a moderator:
NB - NO Speedos! (unless you look like Tom Cruise in "Rock of Ages" :wub: )
Que lastima Maria Elena, Papa Chuy Viejo can't do a "Tom Cruise" but I can do a wicked "Rodney Dangerfield"!

340x.jpg
Don when you have money and time, you can wear anything you want!

millionaire.jpg
Rich, I had no idea that you were in La Jolla the same weekend that my Secretary Debbie and I were there. You should have come up and said Hello, Debbie and I were just there on a "working" weekend! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

... just wait until you see NAFO combined with a Canuck CFR. This'll be about as organized as a nine car Mexican Wedding Procession in Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas Estado ese!
Hey, I picked a location, the rest is up to the attendees! :p

...Were you going to start a separate thread on this or just announce it at NAFO? I could make up a dozen Ainsworth Hot Springs road trip fliers beforehand (then copy more as needed!) and hand them out at Registration!
There is a Hot Springs thread running and Tyler and Duracell talked a bit about a plan. Looks like Tyler is our Hot Spring ride leader!
yahoo.gif
The ride option will be in the Agenda and details provided will the Rally Pack.
wink.gif

Hell we get a Rally Pack!?! Oh my God it is over organized now........

I got organized when I ordered the Destination Hwy's BC Companion Map. Beside my GPS, FJR and speedo's what else do I need? Answer - nothing!

Beside my GPS, FJR and speedo's what else do I need?
You're referring to some type of auxiliary speedometer, right ? ;)
I only need a Destinations Hwy BC Map, GPS, my ride, I mean my FJR and speedo's then I an do my best imitation of Rollie Free while Beemerdons is working on his Rodney Dangerfield routine.

motorcycle-rollie-free-bathing-suit-bike-300x239.jpg
Great Minds Do Think Alike Fontanaman Bro', already got my speedo packed away in Gisele's tank bag!

DSCN0162.jpg

NOTE: Picture was taken of me by yamafitter on the Sea of Cortez la Playa in Mexico: Thanks again, Bill!

Hot Springs Public Hours – 10am until 9:30pm, 365 days/year.

Single Entry

Adult - $11.00 - Mary Ellen

Senior - $10.00 - Papa Chuy Viejo

Student - $10.00 - "beetle" Seth

Child (3 to 12 yrs) - $9.00 1 loonie - dcarver
Ahh give dcarver a break after all his bike is nearly in pieces with a broken sub-frame, mirror falling off and talk on the forum of impending disintegration. If he makes it to NAFO at all it will be a miracle.

If I were a betting man... Wait! I am a betting man. ;)

Anyway, I'd put dollars to Timmie's doughnuts that Carver will be there, and his tired old biotch kRzy8 will be the belle of the ball. Don't let his kRzy talk fool ya.
I'll ride my bicycle to Castlegar if all the wimmens be nekid in the hot tub n' stuff! :p

Okay folks, time for another newbie question. Should one expect some place to register upon arrival or do I just look for wild FJR riders hanging around? Thanks.

If you have pre registered, you can usually find the Rallymasters in the Bar, a quick round of drinks on you will produce the needed credentials to participate in the NAFO III festivities.

If you have not pre-registered, you can do so at North American FJR Owners 2012 page.

Oh, and do read the Beerswap page!

FWFE

I've been putting this off and I realize it's almost Friday, but here goes anyway. :)

In all my many years of riding, I've never attended anything like NAFO.

What can I expect? Is there some sort of 'schedule of events', or do we just wing it?

I'm happy just to be attending and putting faces to names etc. But a rough idea of what to expect would be nice.

Thanks, see you there.

Al.
I'm in the same boat as you. I've been contemplating not going as I've had a lot on my plate recently but I think the diversion will do me good. I'm in Salmon Arm this week and next. If you want to ride down together, lemme know.