NAFO Registration Fee Refunds

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd also like to personally and publicly thank the organizers for adopting this new policy. I have played the role of rabble rousing devil's advocate in this situation, but I think in this case the end justifies the means.

So, as I understand this new policy, there really is no excuse for not signing up early. I know that Marriott allows cancellation of room reservations right up until the day of arrival. And with the new kinder, gentler Rally Fee refund policy, and also the promise to refund any overcharges when the final costs are known, why wait to sign up?

Well, yeah... you can wait till payday to come up with the rally fee.

It would be really good to see more folks jumping on-board here.

This is going to be a great time. Hell ya! :yahoo:

So organizers... how about starting a teaser thread with some potential ride routes, local attractions, and such? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd also like to personally and publicly thank the organizers for adopting this new policy. I have played the role of rabble rousing devil's advocate in this situation, but I think in this case the end justifies the means.
So, as I understand this new policy, there really is no excuse for not signing up early. I know that Marriott allows cancellation of room reservations right up until the day of arrival. And with the new kinder, gentler Rally Fee refund policy, and also the promise to refund any overcharges when the final costs are known, why wait to sign up?

So organizers... how about starting a teaser thread with some potential ride routes, local attractions, and such? :unsure:
You are spot on Fred! I am hoping to see a little activity soon. I have been away for the week and have a lot of catching up to do. Modifications and additions to the website coming this weekend.

You are spot on Fred! I am hoping to see a little activity soon. I have been away for the week and have a lot of catching up to do. Modifications and additions to the website coming this weekend.
On it!

+1

I had a situation that popped up that I could not get out of. As much as i wanted to go to WFO, I just couldn't. I gave at least a month notice before the rally. No refund. I was able to get a cancellation from the hotel though. They didn't even let me transfer the fee over to another person. A fee that's already paid for. :rolleyes: Now if I go to a rally next year, I'll wait till the last minute to sign up. But hopefully they won't be booked.

Have fun all!!! :yahoo:

I don't to seem ungrateful here as I had a great time in Knoxville, but it was mentioned at the NAFO banquet that participants would receive a $30 refund. Is this still the plan?

FYI folks, I've made sure that this thread was seen by the gent responsible for the monetary schtuff.

I don't to seem ungrateful here as I had a great time in Knoxville, but it was mentioned at the NAFO banquet that participants would receive a $30 refund. Is this still the plan?
Yes that is still the case. I am hoping to finalize that this week.
Bump... :search:
I'm glad someone else posted here. As I said in my original post, I HAD A GREAT TIME at NAFO. But, it was announced at the banquet that there was extra money from registration fees and that the organizers were thinking of refunding $30 per person. I subsequently asked the person who announced the refund what the status was and my reputation meter takes a negative hit. WTF? It's not like I was stirring the pot! I have been afraid to follow up for fear of more negative hits over 30 bucks!

:(

Yes that is still the case. I am hoping to finalize that this week.
Bump... :search:
I'm glad someone else posted here. As I said in my original post, I HAD A GREAT TIME at NAFO. But, it was announced at the banquet that there was extra money from registration fees and that the organizers were thinking of refunding $30 per person. I subsequently asked the person who announced the refund what the status was and my reputation meter takes a negative hit. WTF? It's not like I was stirring the pot! I have been afraid to follow up for fear of more negative hits over 30 bucks!

:(
this is totally legitimate and an answer is required

let the other two leaders of the event lead the charge to get a response from the responsible party whatever that is

this has sat too long and if the answer is "it's too much trouble or expensive in $$$ or time to do so" fine...give as an in-debt explanation as possible of the situation

I don't miss the $30 personally, and had a great time at NAFO...I know personal financial jeopardy was taken on...I wish the statement on the refund wasn't made as it evidently was made off the cuff

I thought what a mountain of a task to reverse over 100 paypal payments to return $30 each back to each of those person's accounts...and probably have to do it manually

I dunno...I've written off the $30 as worth the good time I had and the effort to put together this monumental event...but I and others do wonder where that money is and if it's 100+ participants times $30 = $3000ish

well, whatta we do now ???

transparency at this point would be welcomed, appreciated, and handled with civility

Maybe it should go toward this year's EOM to lessen the hit there...makes some sense to me

awaiting...

Again today, I have made the responsible party aware of this thread. Not sure how much he hangs out here.

To Ray, I personally had nothing to do with your spiked reputation meter. I also do not see why someone would spike it for this reasoning. :eh-smiley:

I think at this time most all have come to the conclusion that this issue is pretty much a wash. I rather focus on the great times I had getting there meeting and riding with new folks and getting back home safely. Time to move on.

I vote to have this thread closed by the admin's. and focus on the next NAFO.

JMO

Dave

I think at this time most all have come to the conclusion that this issue is pretty much a wash. I rather focus on the great times I had getting there meeting and riding with new folks and getting back home safely. Time to move on.

JMO

Dave
How did you come to your conclusion?.... Close this thread?.... Why?

JMO

Dave
How did you come to your conclusion?.... Close this thread?.... Why?
Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:10 PM

Above is when post 1 was started. I came to this conclusion because after this amount of time the issue should have been resolved.

Just an Opinion, I could be wrong.

Peter

I can see by Dave's posts that he has commented on a lot of threads since he has been here .... but I don't believe he has been here long enough to understand the point.

It is not the money, really, it is when someone "promises" something to the form members they should follow through.

I hope that the "power's to be" will see the light and make things right.

Closing the thread, won't make it right!