NAFO - Trip Plans

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're changing our plans a bit. We're still going as far as Lakewood on Wednesday. Thursday morning we're heading to Frisco and Back Country Brewery for lunch. I've been there on every trip to or thru CO for years. Can't break the habit.

From Lakewood, out 285, north on 9 to Frisco. Then back to 285, to 50 into Montrose.

https://goo.gl/maps/i1NqxqXnD9z

Tomorrow morning (Monday 7/25) I am flying from Rockford, IL to Fort Collins to retrieve my FJR from temporary storage. Because of all the details in buying a new house Mr. & Mrs. Linc won't be able to go to NAFO, so I won't be riding with them from Loveland to Montrose. My backup plan was to meet Uncle Hud in Denver Thursday morning and go on to Buena Vista to meet Tyler and gregory and continue on to Montrose as a foursome.

Now my plan is to leave Loveland on Wednesday to ride thru Rocky Mountain National Park and end the day in Buena Vista for the night. Mr & Mrs Linc will accompany me part of the way so I get at least some riding time with a great friend who has done so much for me. He installed the Clearwater lights, air horn, electric grips and cruise control on my Gen II FJR.

Thursday morning I will be waiting for Uncle Hud, Tyler and gregory and whoever else joins the group. From there the plan is to go back up US-24, turn left on CO-82 and take that over Independence Pass, thru Aspen, and Snowmass. At Carbondale, will turn south on CO-133 to Hotchkiss and then get on CO-92 south. At Blue Mesa Reservoir we will get on US-50 for the final run into Montrose.

I'm as excited as a kid on Christmas Eve. Hope I can sleep tonight.

Leaving Cleveland Tues morning for a SS1000 ending in Stillwater, OK.

Wed riding from Stillwater, OK to Albuquerque, NM.

Thurs Albuquerque, NM to Montrose heading up 550.

We had some changes to our schedule, my wife decided to not come due to helping daughter with upcoming wedding plans. My son and I will be coming in to Montrose on Wednesday evening. We decided to take the long way there by cutting up through Denver, over to Mount Rushmore, Yellowstone, and finally arrive in Montrose from the west. Made it to Mount Rushmore and now my truck has a noisly fan belt tensioner we get to work on tomorrow, the joys of vehicle ownership, monthly installment payments, or mechanic's payments, sigh, but could be much worse than that so no real complaints here.

Last edited by a moderator:
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="gregory" data-cid="1327412" data-time="1469580170"><p>

Did pikes peak today, great road lousy speed limit (25mph) and tons of tourists.<br />

<br />

One more down day and then on to montrose!</p></blockquote>

25 mph speed limit? WTF? I'm just across the Kansas line and will be hitting Pike's Peak as early as possible tomorrow morning then continuing on to Montrose.

Leaving Spearfish mid-morning, overnight in Denver and rendezvousing with Hud at 0800 for the run to Buena Vista and on in with TS, Tyler, Gregory etal.
I will see you all Thursday. Watch out for that Hud fellow, he's squirrely.
I see you've met Hud.

biggrin.png
I met Hud at Hooterville last fall and even after that, I agreed to sublease him the 2nd bed in my room at NAFO. What was I thinking???

Just kidding Hud. :)

You were thinking "Hud will pay half my hotel bill. Schweet!"

(Wait until I offer to pay in squirrel money.)