NAFO's just around the corner!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey George! Which mcdonalds are we meeting at. Last time i looked, there were 2 to choose from. Thanks.
dribble.gif

Yup, been test packing and fiddling with the bike all afternoon today. Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and the f*ck outta here before traffic in the morning!

Ok y'all, this is the list I have for our rendezvous Thursday morning.

McD's / Chevron is on the NE corner of SR9 & 204th ST NE on the south side of Arlington. There is a Safeway there too if anyone needs last minute snacks. Have fuel topped off as Omak and lunch is 186 miles away.

Lunch is in Omak, north side of town, intersection SR 20/97 & 215 [Riverside Drive]. There are several gas stations and eating places as well as another Safeway for snacks and Deli. We should be there around 11:30AM.

Plan a kick stand up 7:30AM departure from Arlington.

Dr. Rich -- we'll see you around 8:30 at the Shell in Marblemount.

Jer -- we'll see you 10:45ish in Twisp at the Chevron.

junior -- lunch!!

ahchiu has said he will take off on another route once we get started...if a quicker pace is wanted, here's your chance. Fontanaman is probably going to split off at some point and chase some dams.

Suggestions?

- escapefjrtist 2-up

- Speedy 2-up

- junior 2-up - Omak?

- Fontanaman

- Jer - Twisp

- Dr. Rich - Marblemount

- SeattleTy

- ahchiu

- Barabus

--G

My wife is not able to make, so i'll be riding single. Something having to do with there not being enough cargo space on the bike.
blink.gif
What route are you thinking of taking Marcus? I'll probably be interested in doing something longer now that i am single.

My wife is not able to make, so i'll be riding single. Something having to do with there not being enough cargo space on the bike.
blink.gif
My wife can't make it either. She decided she wanted to go 3 weeks ago but then found she decided too late for she was unable to get time away from work. Oh well - she likes to pack a curling iron among other ah er stuff. The packing requirements two up for us are such that my sub frame is in jeopardy, and she is under 130 lbs. :blink:

Fontanaman will break off from the group at the Overlook at the Pass then go to Patterson Lake dam near Sun Mt. Lodge and rejoin the group for lunch.

Gotta git my dam targets in. I only have 8 dams to go. 7 in Eastern Wa and one on Oregon near Hood River.

Last edited by a moderator:
blink.gif
What route are you thinking of taking Marcus? I'll probably be interested in doing something longer now that i am single.
I was thinking of heading east @ Republic to Kettle Falls and up from there.

I was thinking of heading east @ Republic to Kettle Falls and up from there.
As long as you know the roads up there, and/or it adds additional excitement to the ride, I'm game. Got some new PR2's on and a fresh oil/filter change.. I'm sick of 2 months of pure commuter riding, looking forward to some hours on the open road with fellow riders. :yahoo:

Yeah, my first FJR group ride.

Gonna change the oil and filter tomorrow, check air pressure.

Anything else I'm missing ? 08 with 10k, I think I'm good.

Can not wait to meet some new people and have some fun!

Been up here scouting the roads snce last weekend. Weather is looking promising now that we chased the bad stuff away.

Only other FJR I've seen all week is some hoser with a beamy helmet that doesn't know anything aboot NAFO or the forum. Says he's not much into bike clubs?

Hope to meet some folks at Halcyon Hot Springs today.

C Y'all soon

Heading out from Seattle this morning. Fantastic luck on the weather. Sunny and in the 70s. Wow!

The wife decided to come along in the chase vehicle. That means lunch in Arlington, a butt fluff at Washington Pass, and overnight in Winthrop.

Should be rolling into Castlegar sometime Thursday afternoon. See ya all there!

-BigChunk

Heading out from Seattle this morning. Fantastic luck on the weather. Sunny and in the 70s. Wow!

The wife decided to come along in the chase vehicle. That means lunch in Arlington, a butt fluff at Washington Pass, and overnight in Winthrop.

-BigChunk
We should have loaded your stuff in your chase vehicle :p , The weather is great for a ride up, see ya Thursday :yahoo:

-BigChunk
Chase vehicle is a great idea! I'm giving lessons tonight on *pack light, pack right*... :blink:

--G

-BigChunk
Chase vehicle is a great idea! I'm giving lessons tonight on *pack light, pack right*... :blink:

--G
I was thinking on my ride up how I *thought* I packed light, but dang, if Donna was with me I would have needed to jettison half of it!

I remain impressed by George's ability to make one pair of skivvies last 4+ days on the road! That's a skill right there!