Name my FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time for "someone" (and we all know who) to get a life here. Or, maybe to much idle time on this "someone's" hands? Whatever the case, naming bikes sounds kind of limp wristed to me. But that is just my opinion mind you. Not that being limp wristed is bad or anything.

I have a 97 black pontiac grand prix gtp and I sometimes refer to it as "blackie", only because, well it is black. But that is about as far as I have ever gone in naming anything other than my kids. Wasn't that Festus on Gunsmoke that just named his mules by the number in the order that he acquired them, or was that someone else on a different western?

Festus on Gunsmoke references aside (talk about limp wristed) name you bike what you want. I named my Gin. It's the Japanese word for silver.

I font know about you, but I have just picked a name for my new FJR. I shall call her "Raindancer". It seems that every time i leave the house on her the skys open up and poor water on her.

Wasn't that Festus on Gunsmoke that just named his mules by the number in the order that he acquired them, or was that someone else on a different western?
The mountain man Mad Jack on Grizzly Adams. His mule on the show was Ol' Number Seven because it was the seventh one.

My riding buddy and I are idiot savants. His nickname is Bubba, mine's Forrest. My bike is Forrest JR (Initials Fjr) How fucking creative is that???

O.K. guys, taking nominations for names for my FJR. I've considered: Fiji, Stealth Bomber, and the Phantom. Would like to know if any of these are good or to hear other suggestions.
How about "Silver?" Then you could get on it and say, "Hi Yo Silver! Away!"

Chicks would really dig you if you did that.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could name it Abbigkok...Then you could tell all your buddies, "No man...I can't go over and watch football, I'm gonna go ride Abbigkok." They'll be VERY impressed.

A 2008?

How about "Black Betty" ? (wham da lam...) "B.B." for short......

But, yeah, think of something yourself , don't ask us. Most will just make fun of you here for it.

KM

I am in the "wait and the name will come to you" camp. Nothing wrong with naming something that so intimately and excitedly spends that much time between your legs.

I agree also, that you don't have to call it Shirley.

mr.paul

Being in Georgia I'm shocked you haven't considered "Traveller" (the name of Gen Robert E. Lee's horse). :D

Being in Georgia I'm shocked you haven't considered "Traveller" (the name of Gen Robert E. Lee's horse). :D

Or, in an even more direct tribute, how about "General Lee?"

bj13_m.jpg

Hazard County looks a hell of a lot like Nevada, doesn't it?

Or, in an even more direct tribute, how about "General Lee?"

bj13_m.jpg

Hazard County looks a hell of a lot like Nevada, doesn't it?
Somehow, I don't see a guy wearing "Daisy Dukes". I fear the "boys" would either chafe or burn sittin a-top the tank. That's just my opinion, I could be fricken nutz