Name that FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I call mine Ebony because she is black. My previous car was a White Diamond Cadillac STS so her name was Ivory. Thus I had Ebony and Ivory living together in perfect harmony side by side in my garage 🤣. My new Cadillac is black. Oh well. 🤣

Edit:  I'm now considering either Onyx or Obsidian for the Caddy.

I named my dogs.  And my kids, for that matter.  No imagination.
Me too.  Never been one to name vehicles other than "The Bike" or "The Truck".  Even the dogs.  I usually just call them "Daawwwgs" mocking my Southern wife.  Or Bitches.  Wife really likes that b/c I use that one only when both dogs and she are in the same room. The scrawny cat that's recently taken up residence she named but I call "Cat".  It doesn't care.

My wife and I had the motorcycle, the red car, the blue car, and the truck. The truck is no longer with us. I thought about naming the FJR Brittany Spears because it was my train wreck last year. Instead, I named it, myself, and the gravel on the road many other things but I have stopped using those names, at least for the FJR.

My wife and I had the motorcycle, the red car, the blue car, and the truck. The truck is no longer with us. I thought about naming the FJR Brittany Spears because it was my train wreck last year. Instead, I named it, myself, and the gravel on the road many other things but I have stopped using those names, at least for the FJR.
Now that you mention it, I sometimes call the FJR "My Big, Fat, Heavy Pig" when I'm moving it around 😃

I have an 80 old friend, and when he first saw my 2016 FJR in a dark garage, he thought it was black. He also thought it looked like Darth Vader, so "Darth" kind of stuck...

My current 2009 FJR's nickname is "deerslayer" - because we center punched a deer in 2016 on the way to EOM, didn't fall over, and rode the rest of the weekend after some tactical application of duct tape...

Silver 03' was named "Silver" like Roy Rogers horse.

Cerulean 07ae was "Silver Surfer"

Red 14' started out as Red Rover but became "Elk Hunter"

New 14' is Red Rover part Du

We do the same.  We're a 2-person, 5-vehicle family.  Names are "The Car", "The Truck", "The FJR", "The ZRX", and "The RV".  I do have a pet name for the RV that I use sometimes -- "Slimy **** piece of ****."  I'm not too fond of the RV.  😐

My wife names every vehicle. Challenger is Chally, flatbed truck is Woody (firewood) Bobcat is Kitty, Case skid loader is Casey, '86 Venture Royale is Brownie and she calls FEEJ (its real name) Cherry Berry because of the color. (2007)

For some reason she don't like it when I call the mini van "The Bus" LOL

Since I have had two FJRs (and had both for a short period of time), they are differentiated by "the '07" and "the 2011"

"The '11" just doesn't sound right to me.

Latest posts