Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is going no where, 4.5 miles west of town (Stanwood,WA in my Avitar Box) is English Boom Trail County Park and the Bay is Skagit Bay.
Since Fontana was close with his guess Saratogo Passage and his remark "Saratoga Passage Marine Stewardship" is inclusive to Whidbey and Camano Islands he can take over this Albatross.
Out and over to the Dry lander.

Ok, bigger hint... We were up here in the clouds by the above railroad trestle and just 34 miles later we were in a sandstorm in this location:
IMG_6429.jpg

At over 8600 feet, the city where this abandoned railroad trestle is located is one of the highest 25 in the US. If you take out Colorado, it's the 4th highest, but the second highest in this state.

I tried to post a much more obvious hint last week, but somehow didn't save it. Let's go ahead and punt: This is the Mexican Railroad Trestle off hwy 82 in Cloudcroft, New Mexico. We enjoyed 82 from Artesia over to Alamagordo, but took a recommended detour on 24 which got really good coming up from Pinon through Weed.

Anyway, let's switch it to naming the hint picture above with my wife and the white sand. I am optimistic someone can guess that one.