Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct! 

This was on July 24 two years ago and the rim road had only been open two weeks. It also closes on Nov 1 most years. Take that into consideration if planning on seeing this beautiful place and riding the 33 mile loop around it. The lower entrance was open June 15 in 2019 so at least you can see this view where I am standing if there earlier. 

People debate whether riding the 33 mile loop is worth it, but it was to us. Not a requirement for sure, though.

Panman, you're up.

Panman, you're up.

Panman, you're up. 🙂

It's in Montana.

DSCN1466_zpsmjgzxe2l.jpg

Looks a little like Skalkaho near my mother-in-law's home town of Philipsburg. 

I just was writing that it might be it because it is near Hamilton but couldn't think of the snake and then I just realized the snake is Anaconda. That's got to be it. I love Philipsburg and that area. We need to go back while we still have family there.

Looking for the place that is just around the corner from here

Hint: Many of you probably have seen this heading northeast towards the Icefield Parkway.
Bump.  Assuming everyone is traveling the last week or so. 

I have not been here, but this nice pic with a good clue is just sitting so I'll do some guessing to get closer...

Is this on hwy 5 in BC?

I'll step in here, and offer what I believe is the correct answer: 

- westbound AB Hwy 93, through the Sinclair Canyon, heading into Radium Hot Springs.

Buddies and I up here roll through there (eastbound/westbound) at least once each year.

Sorry guys, having trouble uploading another new pic of my own right now.   :sadsmiley02:

I'll step in here, and offer what I believe is the correct answer: 

- westbound AB Hwy 93, through the Sinclair Canyon, heading into Radium Hot Springs.

Buddies and I up here roll through there (eastbound/westbound) at least once each year.

Sorry guys, having trouble uploading another new pic of my own right now.   :sadsmiley02:
Correct, BC 93 just before Radium Hot Springs. 

I'll let someone else do the next picture since I will be traveling This week and not be able to post much of anything.

I think that is Bass Park?
Ha! You are correct! I had to look that up because I was just looking for Bangor, but you were even more specific. On our trip to The Cabot Trail we looked for Stephen King landmarks before we stayed two nights in Bar Harbor. Bangor isn’t much to see, but we took nerdy pics of his inspirations for IT. We loved Bar Harbor though.  
Do you want to post a pic?