Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain drops on the rear view may or may not be a clue...šŸ˜

IMG-0429.jpg

It's a colorful lake

Yellowstone.
That would be correct Mr Ray.Ā  Taken about 10 years ago on my way to the Wyoming 8 hour Rally in Sheridan perhaps a year or two after the big fire in Yellowstone. It was a balmy September 45 degree day with light rain.

I know you don't post pictures Ray so it's up to someone else to post a pic.Ā 

Ā  I am out the door Friday am for a ride to SFO in Alabama. šŸļø

It was good to see this keep moving while we were travelling... I'll take the opening as an opportunity to jump back in.

Here is a GREAT road that goes through an odd location on the south end:

Here you see part of the road and the beginning of the odd location in the distance, but it's all the same twisty road.

Maybe White Sands? It's hard to tell if that is normal sand or Gypsum. We were recently in White Sands, but the wind was blowing so hard with sand in the air that we couldn't tell if there were mountains in the distance or not.

Since it's been a while. The Answer is: Mesquite Flats Sand Dunes, Death Valley National Park, California. Anyone can jump in with the next one....

The last one threw me off with the appearance of white sand. This is more the view I recall.

Attachments

• Death Valley Day 3 098.JPG
    Death Valley Day 3 098.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
To move things along, here is an photo from a nearby well-known overlook with a lot of FJR riders from 2011. To solve this, either name the overlook or 3 of the riders in the photo. The view from up here is fantastic!

Attachments

• Death Valley Day 3 018.JPG
    Death Valley Day 3 018.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
To move things along, here is an photo from a nearby well-known overlook with a lot of FJR riders from 2011. To solve this, either name the overlook or 3 of the riders in the photo. The view from up here is fantastic!
I'm guessing from the picture name that it isn't east coast. :)