Name That Place Game

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hwy 170 in Big Bend National Park! My first time through last month on the way home from SFO under cloudy skies and 60 degrees. Have to get back there and explore more, what a cool park.

Exactamundo, Bugnatr! You helped solidify my decision to go the extra distance to go through this park with your comments from your trip. We loved it!

You are up!

That looks like a Washington style ferry to me. Maybe near Seattle? The one I took was a lot bigger so I don't think I've been exactly there.

I will guess Inchellium Washington crossing the Columbia River to Gifford Washington, but the image of the dock does not agree with the dock image on Google maps. But perhaps the dock was replaced in the last 15 years. I think the photo was taken in Sept 2006.

I will guess Inchellium Washington crossing the Columbia River to Gifford Washington, but the image of the dock does not agree with the dock image on Google maps. But perhaps the dock was replaced in the last 15 years. I think the photo was taken in Sept 2006.
Yes, That's it. Dock looks the same but a few of the tall wooden line ups are gone. The last time through there at least 10 years ago those tall wooden line ups had been hit by the ferry. Your up Jim.

Last edited:
That’s what I thought - looking downhill to the west after crossing the pass.

OK, here’s one for lighthouse buffs.
The only starting hint is that it’s on the left coast…..
I can give more if nobody has ideas….
4C9B534A-0B57-46D4-8B35-32A60116DD90.jpeg

We went up 395 in our Cali ride, but didn't make it across Sonora. I'll have to add that to the wish list. As to the lighthouse above, I'm pretty sure we haven't been there.