National Parks Pass

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Totally undecided on this issue. Can some vets push me one way or another.

Can it be purchased at the first park?

Will it save time?

Are national parks heavy bonus areas?

The shipping time is VERY questionable (?)

I tried in 2009 and I personally can't say that I really saved any time, but NPs weren't high on the list of bonuses. I think I ended up being about $20 short on the value that year and won't plan on getting one unless 2013 is NP heavy...and I'd just purchase at the first park like I did in 2009.

I tried in 2009 and I personally can't say that I really saved any time, but NPs weren't high on the list of bonuses. I think I ended up being about $20 short on the value that year and won't plan on getting one unless 2013 is NP heavy...and I'd just purchase at the first park like I did in 2009.
Thanks Matt-

I was set on getting one until I went to the check-out and read the disclosures for shipping. (Plus charges)

I think I will pass on the pass.

The only thing I can see as an exception is if the remote chance that the first bonus they send us to that's a NP that's massively popular, has a regular line backed up a mile of Winnebagos and a line with no cars that says, "Current Park Pass Holders Only". In that case, I'd channel my inner Jim Owen, ride up, and say, "This line is great! I'm going to be a park pass holder just as soon you swipe this credit card.".....and smile.

I bought a NP pass for the 2010 IB5000 and again for the 2011 IBR. This time I did not buy one. Like Matt, I intend to purchase a pass at my first stop if required based on the # of NPs to be visited.

I personally am not going to bother. For me the reasoning is much the same as a toll-pass thingy.

You just dont know where you will be going ahead of time and dont think there will be a substantive enough time saving considering the cost and hassle.

And I think the usefullness of a NP pass would be less than the toll-road EZ pass thing.

Of course, just my $0.02 worth.

Colin