NE Ohio to Kinzua Dam and back in-a-day

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeK

Reaction score
I'm looking to ride to Kinzua Dam and back possibly on Sept 3rd 2023. I could do Thursday the 31st, or Friday, Sept 1 so I am flexible with that too. The ride would be almost entirely on backroads simply because it's more interesting than just doing white-line time. It would be a one-day run there and back with the ride each way being around 4 hours, add on a couple of stops and greasy diners it will end up being a 10-12 hour day. The goal is to head out around 8 AM possibly so that the return home would be around 6-8 PM. My thought is that there is no 100% pre-defined route, but to have a general idea of the path with the freedom to deviate if there is something that looks like it would be cool. (You never know what you see on the journey!)

I live in Broadview Heights Oh, so my initial plan was to come from this area (think 77 & Rt82). If anyone would be interested in the ride, please reach out. This would only take place if the weather cooperates!

Regards,
Mike