Nebrasuck to Louisville, KY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedcricket

You have whiskey?
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I have a friend who moved to Kentucky and said "you NEED to ride out here"... not that I require an invitation to head east for some good roads, but it's better than the restraining orders one might accumulate showing up and peeping in windows. So I've heard...

So, I need a boat, route out of NE that doesn't take me south or across Missouri (there's a flood, animals are being gathered in a big boat). I'm slabbing it, no choice. I don't have enough working-slob-days-off time to meander.

The route is simply this

I've been trying to look up IL road construction. Thankfully the taxpayers of IL have been dupped into some sort of shitty government DOT website which requires microshaft applications. If anyone with the time or inclination could help me out I'd appreciate it. I'm going to be on 74. I can tolerate road construction and I'd like to know how much of it to expect. Unless it's a re-paving effort. Y'all aren't taking money on I-74 are ya?

Iowa and Indiana's DOT websites are more non-windoze user friendly so I have information I need there. It looks like a bit of work around Peytonapolis...

Now for the fun part. Who has routes? I have two made up already, but I'm open to suggestions. I'll probably only get one, maybe two, days of riding. "Finding you a woman and a reason to move here" is the theme of the trip... I know that for one day my friend will be riding bitch (she hates that, but she's not on the forum :) ) so for that day about 4 hours of riding is the limit. The route I have already just goes out to Hoosier National Forest but it looks like some interesting roads.

I'd like to schedule a route/ride with others who might be interested but I can't tell you what day(s) will be the "get out and ride" time. Recovering from a hangover long-trip might take me out and there's a list of pubs places I *have* to get to. Suffice it to say, I'm planning a trip out there again in September. God-willing-and-the-creek-don't-rise, it'll be on the bike also.

That strike-through thing is f-ing sweet...just sayin'

Last year I was lucky enough to take my bike to KY on a business trip & had a couple of days to play around. Awesome roads & scenery, although it was slightly humid. Before I went, I borrowed a buddies MadMaps of the area & created a couple routes. I would strongly urge you to pick one of these up as they have multiple routes, & you can easily customize them.

Here are the two routes I did. I may still have the gps routes on my pc at home if you're interested.

https://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=679717

https://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=679721

Chad