Need a little help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blue Laser

Reaction score
Anyone got pics of their Powerlet routing

for an '05 rearset?

The instruction photo's are too small for me to

figure ]out what's going on.

TIA for any help...

(I'm NOT a wrench, but I'm not afraid to tackle

thngs, either...so if you have pics, it'd be most

appreciated!

Regards,

Jim

I don't have any pictures handy at the moment but there are a couple of things to consider when installing the rear powerlet kit.

I bought the kit thinking that it was a cool method and location for plugging in a heated vest for a rider without having to install one in the bodywork or panel location.

It's not!

The rear powerlet MAY be okay for a pillion's vest, OR A BATTERY TENDER PORT, but, it's in a very awkward location for a rider and forces the cord to go on the outside of your leg in the windstream where it will be pulled or flop around. In addition, you have to remember to unplug it or else you can easily get tripped up by forgetting it. The location allows a lot of moisture/road grime to hit the back of the sockets which is thrown up by the rear tire. This usually leads to a short circuit :angry2: . Make sure you liberally coat the connections on the back of the Jastek sockets with either liquid electrical tape or plenty of quality RTV. The kit provides a grounding lug that you are supposed to connect to one of the seat cross brace attachment bolts. I would strongly reconsider this and instead, extend your ground wire to the battery negative terminal or to a properly grounder negative buss terminal strip. Do the opposite polarity for the positive lead.

You can use the sockets that are attached to the bracket and install them either in the back of front fairing near the crease (for a vest jack) or you can install them in the black trim panels (radio/GPS power) in the A or D panels (depending on the year of your bike). Do a search function on Jastek installation or Heatroller mounting .

Good luck!