Need Denver Shop to replace my Fork Seals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikk

Reaction score
Hi you all, I'm looking for a Denver area shop to replace the seals on front forks. Anyone have a recommendation. My preference is a race shop or tunning shop rather than a dealer but I'll take recommends for either. Thanks

Consider Rocky Mt Kawasaki in Longmont. They did all the maintenance on my '06 FJR that I bought from a buddy. They also put seals in my old '02 Yamaha Warrior.
But Il also suggest you try Seal Mate. I just used one to stop a leak in my front left fork last week. No drips since then!!
Good Luck!

@Rocnsanman - No Loveland is to far for quality honest service. Especially since I'll just pull the forks myself.

RE: Seal Mate - I have one of those but I've experienced mixed results when I use. Honestly I haven't tried it on this recent issue but will.

I tried to take mine to a yamaha dealer and got the run around. Ended up doing it myself and found it was not that hard to do. Got it done right and saved $

I tried to take mine to a yamaha dealer and got the run around. Ended up doing it myself and found it was not that hard to do. Got it done right and saved $
Aren't there some special tools required? I thought that was the case but will have to check my shop manual when I get home.

My seals started leaking at 52k miles and couldn’t be helped with sealmate. I was surprised the fork tubes came apart rather easily as I was expecting more issues there. Hopefully you have a good experience if you decide to do it yourself. Have all tools at hand beforehand. The copper washers at the bottom of the fork bolts I found at Oreilly’s.