• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Need driveshaft for Gen 1 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikerskier

Reaction score
I have a friend with an 04 FJR and a failed driveshaft (apparently a washer at the rear came loose and chewed it up). Yamaha says they are on an unknown date back order which does not sound real good.

She is not on the Forum and asked if I could post up to see if anyone has a bike they are parting out. Apparently the Gen 2 bikes have the same shaft so it would work as well.

Have you checked ebay? I see them on there periodically.

How does a loose washer chew up a driveshaft?

I got some gen 1 parts from member Jocko87. He was parting out a wrecked bike, and may have gotten a second. Might want to contact him. I seem to recall another parting ad in the classifieds withing the last 3 months, but don't quote me on it.

I got some gen 1 parts from member Jocko87. He was parting out a wrecked bike, and may have gotten a second. Might want to contact him. I seem to recall another parting ad in the classifieds withing the last 3 months, but don't quote me on it.

Uh, yup, got one if she wants it, see you in PM land.

Kurt

Thanks, jocko. I was going to let him borrow mine until a replacement for the bike in question came in, but I wasn't sure how I was going to ride mine then. Then jocko to the rescue!