Need help with replacing the Brake hose (metering valve to right front brake caliper) on my 2007 (2007!) FJR 1300)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeSparr0w

Reaction score
Folks, does anybody have any experience with replacing brake lines on 2007 FJR 1300 A. I have a leaking brake line between the caliper and the metering valve but have no idea what is the proper process
method of removing the line. I feel like a fool. I tried to unscrew the line, but it appears to be extremely tight and I don't want to brake it. (please see attached images).
Anybody has any idea?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Avi.

Attachments

• 20230602_205634.jpg
    20230602_205634.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 4
  • 20230602_205647.jpg
    20230602_205647.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
That block is park.of the line. Remove the bolt that is holding the 3 blocks to the frame. Stick a flare wrench on the flare fitting and a open end on the block.

Chuck. Thank you for the prompt response. This is exactly what I have done . The problem is that the nut wouldn't open.
Is it typical that so much force is needed? In the past I replaced brake lines on my R1150 RT with no issues whatsoever.
I was afraid to apply too much force to the point that I would have damaged the nut itself. Maybe I need to try to spray some wd40 on the thread.
Anyhoo, I'll give it another try.

Thank you again.
Avi.

When I changed forks on my '15, I needed to replace the front line sets. The flare nuts are TIGHT. Use a quality flare nut / tubing wrench and as @Oldjeep says, hold the block. They will snap loose.

Good luck!

~G

It may help to use 2 wrenches, one on the block, and a line wrench on the nut. Orient the wrenches far enough apart in sort of a V configuration in a way that you can squeeze then together in your hand and apply force in the correct direction to loosen. This will apply directional force on each part in the at the same time and will apply more controllable force without damaging or twisting the line because you will apply equal force in both directions at the same time.

Last edited:
Yeah as WF said it helps with the forces and you also don't have a lot of room to swing those wrenches or use long ones to increase leverage because of the tight spaces.

Yeah as WF said it helps with the forces and you also don't have a lot of room to swing those wrenches or use long ones to increase leverage because of the tight spaces.
Thanks for the advice.
I ended up praying that I won't brake anything and gave it a push like my life depends on it. Eventually the damn thing snapped.
Lo and behold, the thread is all rusty inside. That's odd.
Anyhoo, end's good all's good.

Attachments

• 20230610_001954.jpg
    20230610_001954.jpg
    913.5 KB · Views: 2

Latest posts