Need to ship a bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks to those that have contributed to this thread.

I am looking at the possibility of riding down the west coast from Vancouver to LA.

Home is north of Toronto CA and I don't want to ride all the way out west this time - not enough vacation days.

So, I'd like to ship the bike to Vancouver - or some other starting point - and ride down and back then ship it home.

Any advice on shipping (and suggestions on the route) would be appreciated.

Had my FJR shipped early last year from Texas to Portland, OR, via Haulbikes.com (=DailyDirect). It took them awhile to get it to me (they ship everything through Milwaukee), but it did not have to be crated, and it got to me undamaged. Price was something like $550 on a winter special rate.

Thanks to those that have contributed to this thread.

I am looking at the possibility of riding down the west coast from Vancouver to LA.

Home is north of Toronto CA and I don't want to ride all the way out west this time - not enough vacation days.

So, I'd like to ship the bike to Vancouver - or some other starting point - and ride down and back then ship it home.

Any advice on shipping (and suggestions on the route) would be appreciated.
I called around to various Canadian shipping companies (Mackie, etc) to ship my bike from Oshawa to Calgary but none came back with a cost effective quote.