NERDS 2016 "Daks and-over gang"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo LJ are you going to this shindig or what
not_i.gif
punk.gif

Come on KJ, LJ needs a place to
lazy.gif
Wednesday night
smile.png

Soooooo...... let's just say, for the sake of argument, I made a reservation at a certain hotel in Stowe. And let's say I get approval for time off at work (actually re-approval, because I already had the time off, but cancelled it.)
Let's also say the real boss doesn't give me a hard time about taking a long weekend on the motorcycle without her (her new job started today).

Would there be a place for me to lay my head Wednesday night without packing a tent?

Room really is booked. PTO has been re-approved. I'll be talking to Mel about it tonight. This was a trip we had planned on taking together.

KJ and the NERDS gang--since I posted it here, I guess this is the place to retract it. I just wouldn't have the time to get everything in this summer that I need to plus this post-NAFO extension of another month or more. I'll be sorry to miss it, and miss meeting a lot of you. Wanted to see Stowe, too. When I was a kid a trip there for skiing was kind of the ultimate, and I never made it. Guess that record stays intact. :(

Too bad, Mikey. You'd have loved it.

And you are right, Stowe is the epitome of a small village ski area. There are much bigger places, even out here in the little mountains of the east. But none have more charm or character. And that character is there all year round, not just in ski season.

Soooooo...... let's just say, for the sake of argument, I made a reservation at a certain hotel in Stowe. And let's say I get approval for time off at work (actually re-approval, because I already had the time off, but cancelled it.)
Let's also say the real boss doesn't give me a hard time about taking a long weekend on the motorcycle without her (her new job started today).

Would there be a place for me to lay my head Wednesday night without packing a tent?
UR-IN!

Not sure who has claimed the 2 queen/camper beds yet, Mike usually nabs one, but I also have a 10ft long couch, Debbie can do up bedding, pillows etc. So yes, especially without CA-Mike coming now, we'll easily squeeze ya in buddy!

KJ and the NERDS gang--since I posted it here, I guess this is the place to retract it. I just wouldn't have the time to get everything in this summer that I need to plus this post-NAFO extension of another month or more. I'll be sorry to miss it, and miss meeting a lot of you. Wanted to see Stowe, too. When I was a kid a trip there for skiing was kind of the ultimate, and I never made it. Guess that record stays intact.
sad.png
Dang nab it!, I was excited to play host to such an honored guest. sad face :(

Hopefully next time!

I'll be making the mad dash after work on the 17th. I don't think I'll have a problem getting to the Crow's Nest by 7:00.

I'd like to get a head count on sleep over peeps please? So can you chime in here on your now 3 weeks away plans?.

Jeff (fjrpittsburgh) wants to come up as well now for the Weds nite-over. If we have a full house, he will book a HIE with his points, but if we have room, rather keep him with us nitwits :)

Thanks fellers

Okay, let the sleepover list officially start here....

Mike (Wine Guy)

Tim (madmudder)

Jon (LittleJon)

Jeff (FJRPittsburgh)

Charlie (Huey Lewis)

Larry (Vmax Larry)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to meeting up with everyone on that Wed night for dinner. Wish I could do the Thur ride as well but just can't pull that one off, but might barrow KJ's route for my Fri ride up. :)

Going to be a couple more for Wednesday night KJ. Huey Lewis and his friend Larry will be coming up as well. Knowing Charlie, he can curl up beside a tree in the backyard. He's done it before. :)

Going to be a couple more for Wednesday night KJ. Huey Lewis and his friend Larry will be coming up as well. Knowing Charlie, he can curl up beside a tree in the backyard. He's done it before.
smile.png
Yepper, Charlie texted me. We'll work 'em in. List updated; post #51

Looks like we have a nice lil pre-party kicking up! :)

Canada+ group ----> KJ's house (for Weds nite dinner @ Crows Nest and bonfire following)...

Tim (madmudder) is leading with this selected route.

Jeff (FJRPittsburgh) to meetup enroute, I'm thinking Springville would work best?

Make your destination (my house) ETA 6-6:30pm (I work till 5ish). Crows Nest Restaurant (7pm on the deck reservations) is only 300 yards from my house, if you miss us at my house, you can meet directly at the Nest.

Anything else I can do fellers... holler! :)

Walking out the door probably between 4:30 & 4:45. Quick stop at home to grab last minute things, and kiss the wife-ish and boy goodbye. Should be about a two hour sprint from there. I'll either make it right before the trip to dinner, or meet you's guys at the Crow's Nest.

Tim wanted me to make the BaseCamp route from the Peace Bridge to my house via Rte 39, and I put in some fun roads as well.

I'll PM the downloadable link to both Tim and Jeff, if anyone else want's it? holler!

Peace_Brdge-to-Geneva_zpsfnbejmim.jpg

Route notes:

I made the Fast Trac gas station (in Springville NY) as your common meetup spot with Jeff (but did not via-point it in case you nix that meetup loca? (all your call of course, I can only suggest). For Jeff, it should be an easy North shot up Rte 219 (into Springville), you Canadians know your 219 stretch already from lot's of other rides/connections. ETA time at this meetup location should be in the range of 4-4:30pm. It will be exactly 2hrs to my house from this Fast Trac. I should be home by 6pm-ish to meet n greet. :)

Jeff- Once you Rt.219 exit @ Springville, take a right off the ramp, the Fast Trac is 300ft on your right, just before the first intersection.

Tim & Co.- Exit Springville on 219, the BaseCamp doesn't think you can take an immediate Left once you come down the off-ramp. You can!, been this way a thousand (or more) times as this is my weekly CDL truck route from our Hamburg NY store. SO.. If the pink route-line shows you going past the Springville exit (LOOK at the map image above, the Magenta Route line does exactly this!)... only to come back up and around (U-Turn?)... IGNORE IT! Take the exit, then a Left towards the village of Springville. The Fast Trac will be 400ft on your Right (again before the first upcoming Intersection). I did put this Fast Trac in the route, so basically it will take you into their parking lot.

I also made a "Track" as well as the "Route", they both will load simultaneously in your Garmin. The Track will be shown as a Gray line, the route w turn by turns is in the normal Magenta. The Gray Track line will show the correct left turn at the bottom of the Springville exit (for Canadians). BaseCamp is stubborn and it wouldn't allow the left in the Magenta Route :( ...yeah, yeah I know... BaseCamp sucks!

Okay, if this isn't clear enough and I hear about some "get'n lost" stories when you get to my house?.... I'm taking away Tim's ride-leadership trophies lol.

Sometimes we get lost on purpose! Twisty Curlies intrigue me.
pioneer.gif
All those Windmills in the area have blown me off course in the past.