NERDS 3 Website is now open for business

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRed

Reaction score
Calling all FJR Nerds.
clapping.gif
The NERDS website has now been updated for 2013.
yahoo.gif

This year's event will pretty much follow the same basic format as the previous NERDS summer events, with the exception of the "Treasure Hunt" which we dropped for this year.

The NERDS 3 merchandise is still in the "design" phase so you'll have to wait a little while for that and the routes listed on the site are still the ones from last year. Never fear, once the snow melts and mud season is over, we'll be checking out and updating those routes and mapping out a few new ones for your riding pleasure.

In the mean time, the new site is up and event registration is open. Click here https://fjrnerds.dyndns.org to visit the site and put your name on the list.

Ed.

Hi everyone I am just moving to the ct/ma area from Cleveland and just signed up for nerds. Looking forward to riding with you and meeting you. I have done a few rom and ohio ramble events I'm the past.

Important NERDS Update:

Our Vermont local organizer, FJRed, has had a change of employment. Ed (not Fred) has taken a new consulting position in Pittsburgh, PA, and now has to do the weekly airline commute dealio, flying to PA on Sundays and not returning to VT until Thursday night.

This means that he will not be able to host the traditional NERDS Tech Day at his place on Wednesday (since he'll still be in Pittsburgh then). We have also decided to cancel the Wednesday night barbeque as it will be too difficult to coordinate all fo the logistics of buying the supplies in advance and getting them to the hotel with Ed being away. So the Wednesday activities are both cancelled.

There will still be plenty of friendly FJR folks around at the Commodores all week (some of us will be riding in on Monday that week), so if you were planning on coming up early for the tech day no need to change your plans. We'll do something else impromptu on Wednesday night, maybe order a bunch of pizzas for delivery, or something else off the cuff. And, as folks who have attended NERDS in the past can attest, the parking lot social goes on every night regardless.

We had originally planned on adding a few new planned ride routes to the 11 routes that were available past years, but to be perfectly honest it is hard to come up with any new routes that are of the same caliber as those prior ones. So instead, while we will still have those eleven routes (and will have ride group sign up sheets as in prior years) we will also be publishing the full list (including a GPS file with all of the points of interest) from last year's Treasure Hunt and Photo Safari locations as possible "destinations" for folks that want to go out and explore what Vermont has to offer.

You just pick a couple of the ones that you find interesting and connect the dots on your GPS and voila! Pretty much any roads in Vermont are scenic and fun, so you really can't go wrong. Just set your GPS to avoid highways, and (optionally) avoid unpaved roads (not me
wink.png
), and you'll have create an instant adventure.

You might want to skip this road though...

IMG_1466.jpg

That POI list and GPS file will be posted on the NERDS website in the Routes section soon.

Everything else in the itinerary will continue as previously scheduled, including the Friday Night Barbeque.

Link to the 2013 NERDS Itinerary

Only 60 more Days until NERDS 2013!! I don't know about you all, but I can't wait!!

PS - little reminder that the Tee Shirts and NERDS 3 paraphernalia sales will be cut-off on July 20th so that we can send the order in to the screen printers. Get your NERDS gear ordered now!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fred

Since the "Tech Day" has been cancelled, how about a suspension adjustment "clinic" in the Commodore's parking lot. Other than myself, I will bet there are a lot of folks who might benefit from the experience of others when it comes to getting their shocks set up properly. Should take a minimum number of tools and the activities are compatible with the Parking Lot Social. Could happen any evening.

Ross

Sure. That could definitely be done.

Just understanding what you are adjusting and what it is supposed to do can make all of the difference. I can bring along a handful of zip ties a small scale and a tape measure and we can even do some sag measurements so that folks can see just where their current setups are running. Of course this may turn out to be a bit expensive for some folks who are currently happy with their stock setups. ;)

Can you (or anyone else for that matter) think of any other "parking lot friendly" things they'd want to do? Unfortunately, lack of good tools may be the limiting factor.

Also, I've been threatening to hold some GPS tech discussions, but have basically been holding that out for a rainy day. Let's hope I don't get a chance to do that one this year too. ;)

I'm sorry to say I just can't make it this year. I'll be neck deep in getting a new workshop built (I'm already knee deep into it), so I have to keep my summer calendar more open and stay closer to home. Hopefully my contractors can get the job done on time, because I'm going to be riding pretty much all September............

Just booked a room at the Commodores for 4 nights. (now I just need to book the time off work)! An 8 hour ride to get there for Thursday night. See you for a cold beer then!