NERDS 5 - We're on a roll now!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I obviously wasn't there this year but in the past, the food (especially the breakfast) was always a major plus. Wonder what happened?

Although I remember them doing a barbecue for the NERDs bunch one year that was very disappointing...

What has happened with the Commodores dining room is that the nightly all-you-can-eat dinner buffet is no longer being run on the weekends as in years past. That had always been a means of providing a decent variety of options to a big crowd at a reasonable cost, and if you wanted a break from the buffet you could eat in the bar and order off the limited menu there.

Currently they only offer that (same) limited dinner menu in both the dining room and in the bar. Having that number of people ordering off the menu over-taxed their small kitchen, and both the quality and serving timeliness suffered as a result. I wouldn't mind the delay, we're all just hanging out there anyway, but the quality issues were more troublesome. The breakfast buffet was fine, though if you stay for the full week as we did, it could have stood a little more variety.

I'm not sure if I want to open a dialog with the owners about the dining room disappointment or not. We were not really that big of a group this year. In the first two years we had 45 rooms booked. This year we had just 21. A group of that size we should be able to find other places to go to pretty easily.

PS - Coming up with a number of ride routes in the Adirondacks will be no problem at all. And we could even have a couple that go over into VT for some variety.

Last edited by a moderator: