NERDS IV - B2B (back to basics) - Stowe, VT 8/18-21/2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone tried to help K.J. fit in
IMG_2267_zpstfl6hwl0.jpg
Ugliest Yamaha I've ever seen!!
grin.gif

Made it home safe. Another great weekend in the books. Wish I had been a little more forward and shaken more hands. I always thoroughly enjoy these meets, but every time I get home and note the folks that I missed.
It was great meeting the new faces that I did, and I look forward to the next opportunity with those I missed.

Thanks to all who helped make my trip great.
+1 & thanks Jon for leading the Ozzy recon mission to get him home safely he greatly appreciated the assistance.
IMG_2278_zpshblja3aq.jpg
Greatly appreciated doesn't even come close to the definition of (Brothers keeper). With an unexpected injury to the bike as viewed above I cannot thank enough my two crutches Madmudder (Tim) and LittleJon (John). They were my two wingmen and limped me home more than 200 miles to safely arrive at LiitleJon's. Thank you boys, There is no better organization of riders that take care of their own than FJR owners. I would be remiss not to give a shout out to Bridgestone Batalax tires, still can't believe I made 200 miles in this condition. New Bridgestone EVO T30 GT's are on order.

Yes, while the steel belts do give pretty good mileage, the traction isn't all you might hope for. I do tend to get cranky when I have to change a tire early before going on a week-long MC trip, but I still do it. ;)

What an amazing weekend, The great Canusa team left their mark once again. Through all the ups and downs that nature had to throw our way, we managed to weather the storms. Friday and Saturday had to be two of the years best rides so far. Great to meet new friends and future riders.

Looking forward to EOM and another great weekend of riding.

A couple of shout outs to KJ and Debbie for hosting our Wednesday night antics slash tech night
moil.gif
also to Chuck who was surprisingly awesome as he lead the charge on two of our rides. He may be getting older but he's definitely not slowing down. Thanks again Chuck!

Finally again to Madmudder and LittleJon who as mentioned earlier were amazing in their assistance to helping a comrad down.

IMG_2267_zpstfl6hwl0.jpg
Sexiest Yamaha I've ever seen!!
grin.gif
Corrected it for ya Dean! :)

Guess you guys don't know about chick magnets do ya? lmao! (and yes, I had to 'PG-13' this shot, and no, you can't have the original and don't bother asking!).....This one's for you brotha Don Stanley... Hubba hubba hubbbba!

debbie_mem_bmw_blurred-cropped_zps2xhcznox.jpg

Made it back to home base at oh-Dark thirty plus a few. Looong day and wet (in rain gear again this evening during the final stretch).
Thanks to all who had a hand in organizing the weekend. It was great. Really enjoyed catching up with those of you I'd met at previous rallies and meeting new faces and with luck, maybe I'll be able to connect names at the next rally. :)

Thanks to those that :bike: led our merry bands of riders. In a lot of ways, I expect it's like herding cats.

Out of curiosity (and a little concern), has anyone heard from Ozzy/Mel? Mel was trying to baby a rear tire showing cords back to Niagara region with LittleJon and Tim on secondary roads along the lake.
j
All's good Phillip, made it back to littlejon's and should have the new tire on Tuesday. Had a great time, thanks for the lead back. Did a great job. Will touch base in the near future. Mel

IMG_2267_zpstfl6hwl0.jpg
grin.gif
Corrected it for ya Dean!
smile.png

Guess you guys don't know about chick magnets do ya? lmao! (and yes, I had to 'PG-13' this shot, and no, you can't have the original and don't bother asking!).....This one's for you brotha Don Stanley... Hubba hubba hubbbba!

Oh, yeah ... i remember that
no.gif

Do you have any more pics to jog my memory of Thursday night ? Actually, there's no need. I heard all about it on Friday
innocent.gif

KJ - you could have photoshopped the Breathe Right nasal strip

re: the PG-13 thing.... I'm sure y'all have seen women's panties before
blum.gif

IMG_2267_zpstfl6hwl0.jpg
grin.gif
Corrected it for ya Dean!
smile.png

Oh, yeah ... i remember that
no.gif

A. Do you have any more pics to jog my memory of Thursday night ? Actually, there's no need. I heard all about it on Friday
innocent.gif

B. KJ - you could have photoshopped the Breathe Right nasal strip

C. re: the PG-13 thing.... I'm sure y'all have seen women's panties before
blum.gif
A: Yes, but out of respect to you, I think they should stay lost up in the White Mountains! (Mt Washington was a hoot, huh!?)

B: I'll try to do better next time honey, but I don't think too many are even looking at your so called strip! (breathe right that is!).

C: See through panties? lol. You're a great sport! See you at EOM
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed (for the first time. Guess I'm not too observant) that some clever folks have figured out a way to double the number of their "Rally Icons" in their signature line by combining two 50 x 50 pixel icons into one 50 x 100 jpeg, so you can have 14 icons in your signature line (like the guy who posted immediately above this) instead of only 7 as limited by the forum software. So for those folks who have more than 7 rallies under your belt, here' a 50 x 50 version of the NERDS IV icon. Use which ever you want.

NERDS4_Logo%2050x50_1.jpg

https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/Pictures/NERDS4_Logo%2050x50_1.jpg

(right click, copy image, paste into your favorite graphics program, combine with another 50 x 50 image into a 50 x 100 image, save it, host your custom icon somewhere)

I just noticed (for the first time. Guess I'm not too observant) that some clever folks have figured out a way to double the number of their "Rally Icons" in their signature line by combining two 50 x 50 pixel icons into one 50 x 100 jpeg, so you can have 14 icons in your signature line (like the guy who posted immediately above this) instead of only 7 as limited by the forum software. So for those folks who have more than 7 rallies under your belt, here' a 50 x 50 version of the NERDS IV icon. Use which ever you want.

NERDS4_Logo%2050x50_1.jpg

https://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad4/FJWinNH/Pictures/NERDS4_Logo%2050x50_1.jpg

(right click, copy image, paste into your favorite graphics program, combine with another 50 x 50 image into a 50 x 100 image, save it, host your custom icon somewhere)
Well, not that it matters much, but for the other sites (that I make graphics and icons for) I've now gone to a 48x50 image. And, more so a lower KB .gif instead of the higher .jpg (albeit, you will have a finer pitch/better detail w the .jpg's).

So the 48x50 gives a 1px buffer, which equates to 2pxls when in line w another, giving just a tad space between, which for blocked icons gives a nice separation.

Cheers

Hey gang,

A graphics designer, I am not. KJ did a much better job of making a signature icon for NERDS 4. I suggest you all glom off of his effort
G_zpsajwsxg6f.gif
(linky here) and abandon the lame-o version that I generated. Yours looks way more gooder, KJ.
thumbsup.gif

Filling in my vacation schedule for 2017. Attentively putting in the dates in case a B2B5 is in the planning.

Dave

Dave,

It should be the weekend of August 18-20, same week as in past years. The week prior to that is the big Stowe Antique Auto Show. I'll get it nailed down with the venue soon.

Latest posts