NERDS IV - B2B (back to basics) - Stowe, VT 8/18-21/2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't remember who I was talking to at NAFO, maybe Jeff, about having a masseuse or two on hand each day after the ride. I bet they would make a killing.
Personally, I already have a one hour deep tissue massage scheduled for Monday...
Hey Jon, that was me. I can tell you that I would certainly be taking advantage of it after a day of riding.

I can't remember who I was talking to at NAFO, maybe Jeff, about having a masseuse or two on hand each day after the ride. I bet they would make a killing.
Personally, I already have a one hour deep tissue massage scheduled for Monday...
Jon, the next time you post something like this wait until Friday. ............then again maybe it's better that it wasn't. That could come off the rails fast!! :)

A note on the road conditions in Vermont this year: There are several ongoing construction projects that may cause a bit of concern for those looking to run the various routes that I posted up and linked to in the first post of this thread. Several one lane sections on route 100 but none that will cause more than a few minutes delay.

The most significant is that route 125 is still being repaired on the east side of Middlebury Gap. I have not ridden through yet, but there are warnings to motorcyclists about loose gravel. Just a heads up on that, but it is probably still worth riding since the rest of it will be fresh pavement and it is one of the more scenic gaps.

A section of route 12 between Northfield and Montpelier (on the Sweepers route) is closing tomorrow and will be detoured around. There may be some others not mentioned, but I'm sure you should be able to find a way around or thru with a little care.

Ride safely, and have fun!

Thanks for the heads up Fred
punk.gif

Fred is correct about those two roads. I rode both of them early on and they were very rough and it was slow going. Have fun and stay safe. I'm off camping till Saturday.

I still like the part where Jon thought he was at NAFO talking with Jeff... now that's sum funny azz shazitts there bro!

PS. I didn't make NAFO this year either.... I think? ;)

Rock on Lil Jon! :) :) :) and,,,,,,, you are the youngest of this here bunch, eh!? :) :) :)

My FJR is ready, my gear is packed, and my route to Stowe is in the GPS. I'll head out in the morning and arrive some time Thursday afternoon.

I was hoping to get there in time for the yacht races on the lake behind the Commodore's Inn, but I just checked the web site and saw that the yacht races are on Monday and Wednesday. I must have arrived on Wednesday in past years.

My FJR is almost ready, no bags are packed or route determined. Guess I'm at least as ready as previous years. We're heading out Friday morning, taking as many back roads as possible along the way. Looking forward to seeing everyone for happy hour under the canopy later in the day.

One more road condition report from the Early-Nerds... We ran the Grand Isles and northern Daks today and it was a delicious ride that woul make any FJR rider grin from ear to ear. We even left some of the pavement on T**** Road when we strafed that this afternoon. It is in very fine shape.

The only word of warning is on the west side of the App Gap (route 17) they have started to try and patch up some of the biggest whoop-de-dos and have left behind some 10'to 20 foot wide sections of gravel, some in the middle or exit of hairpin corners. Be careful on the west side. East side is in OK shape. Bumpy, but fully paved.

Have fun

Last edited by a moderator:
One more road condition report from the Early-Nerds... We ran the Grand Isles and northern Daks today and it was a delicious ride that woul make any FJR rider grin from ear to ear. We even left some of the pavement on T* Road when we strafed that this afternoon. It is in very fine shape. The only word of warning is on the west side of the App Gap (route 17) they have started to try and patch up some of the biggest whoop-de-dos and have left behind some 10'to 20 foot wide sections of gravel, some in the middle or exit of hairpin corners. Be careful on the west side. East side is in OK shape. Bumpy, but fully paved. Have fun
App Gap is on my route for arriving today. Thanks for the warning.

We're expecting wedding photos, Fred. And I hope you'll be wearing a NERDS tee shirt under the formal wear.

Best wishes to the newlyweds and the parents of the bride!

The Wynne"s made it back home safe and sound. We took the back roads 90% of the way. As usual we had a great time and were able to meet up with folks that we haven't seen in a while.

Dave

Made it home a little after 4pm safe and sound. Bit of a bummer to see Ozz have a tire issue, hope that works out!!

Incredible weekend!! Made some new friend, great roads and lots of great memories!! The group I rode with on Sat and the roads, I couldn't ask for better. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Looking forward to next year!! :)