New '19 FJR Owner

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReardenSteel

Reaction score
Hey guys -- I'm just thrilled to be a new 2019 FJR1300ES owner.   A little about me...   I crawled off two Harleys that I have been riding for the last 10 years.  Riding became stale, boring, predictable.   I lost some weight and found that I wasn't as confident muscling around a 900+ pound behemoth touring machine.   My riding style has changed over the last few years and I really enjoy the back roads, twisties, even as I continue touring.  I did my homework, talked to as many people as I could and settled on the FJR.

I bought the bike about two weeks ago (photos below) and immediately fell in love with the bike after adapting to the new riding position.  One immediate change is the windscreen; I decided on the OEM touring windscreen after lurking here and reading many threads...   Thanks to anyone here who has ever written about your windscreen blues & solutions.    That should arrive tomorrow and I am excited about getting it on the bike.

Great to meet you guys -- I look forward to chatting and learning at every opportunity.

20190929+New+FJR+Photos-14.jpg

20190929+New+FJR+Photos-2.jpg

20190929+New+FJR+Photos-26.jpg

20190929+New+FJR+Photos-4.jpg

20190929+New+FJR+Photos-13.jpg

20190929+New+FJR+Photos-5.jpg

I've been riding FJR's since 2004 and I still think they are one of the best looking bikes out there.That matte blue is sweet!Like someone else said,I hope you enjoy it as much we do.

You'll find the FJR has long legs,they've been know to go several states away when they hear about some good Twisties.

Beautiful bike! And I think you made a good call on the windscreen. It looks great and gives you pretty decent protection. Enjoy!

Thanks guys -- great to meet you -- I appreciate the warm welcome.   I got the touring windscreen in today -- came home and got to installing it.   Of course, it's pouring outside tonight, so I'll have to wait for morning to try it out...     

It's not really your bike until you put that first farkle on....   Feels good to take the first step toward making the bike mine.  

Welcome from another Marylander! So what part of this great state are you located?

Congrats on your new Steed! What a great looking paint job, makes the FJR appear to be traveling at 120 mph on the kickstand. Best of Luck and keep the rubber side down! 

Thanks, guys -- After getting the initial service done, I took it out for a 204 mile ride through the Shenandoah Valley yesterday.   I have the new OEM touring windscreen on -- that helps a ton, but something has to be done about this seat!     Still falling in love with the bike and its capabilities!

20191019+Ride+through+Shenandoah+Valley-1.jpg

20191019+Ride+through+Shenandoah+Valley-2.jpg

20191019+Ride+through+Shenandoah+Valley-13.jpg

20191019+Ride+through+Shenandoah+Valley-17.jpg

yep, the stock windscreen stinks and the stock seat really blows.  Any kind of distance riding really requires a seat upgrade IMHO. I 've used Rick Meyers and Russell Day long seats on my pretty blue '05 but currently using a Seth Laam on my '14.   put about 20k on that last year, 10,000 in September alone.  No butt issues with the Seth Laam.

Welcome!

Nice looking bike! I really like that matte blue finish. I thought 2018 was Matte Blue and 2019 was a graphite color???

Nice bike though, enjoy the forum and ride safe! ;)