New 2016 YIPEEE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was all "What's the difference?" Went through the entire process on my ipad and kept thinking "What's the difference?" Then I got to FJRForum and tried to use the toolbar....that isn't there.
Gotcha.

Yea, gotta use the IMG tags. That's how I do it all the time anyway.
biggrin.png
And you need to use other tags, e.g. [ u r l = http ://atrophy.lock.net ]click me[ / u r l ] gives you this: click me.

I usually combine the two to get my clickable image:

[ url = ht tp://atrophy.lock.net/pi/20140907_Scotland/index.php?image=IMG_1397.JP G&sz=1 ][ i m g ] ht tp://atrophy.lock.net/pi/20140907_Scotland/tmp/1_IMG_1397.J PG [ / i m g ] [ / u r l ]

gives me this:

preceded by the message [ size = 2][ c olor=red](Click on image for larger view)[ / colour ][ / size]

(Click on image for larger view)

Finally followed by : ) or ; ) (without the spaces)
smile.png
wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, George. Yes, I'll be there. I'll get a note out to Bryan today. Picked the bike up yesterday. Had to wait an extra day while the dealer swapped

the GP Suspension from my '07 to the new bike. It went without a hitch. Thanks again for your advice about that.

My very first impression about the '16 is that the new transmission design is very smooth, especially going up in 1st and 2nd gear where the Gen II

was a bit clunky (at least my '07 is). Downshifting with the slipper clutch is also much smoother; it feels like you don't have to be as precise

with throttle blipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
My very first impression about the '16 is that the new transmission design is very smooth, especially going up in 1st and 2nd gear where the Gen IIwas a bit clunky (at least my '07 is). Downshifting with the slipper clutch is also much smoother; it feels like you don't have to be as precise

with throttle blipping.
I just made my last payment on my 07. I'll have to skip any reviews of the 2016 if I don't want to be spending the money.
biggrin.png

Thanks guys I will try what you suggest with the photos.

Have done about 200 miles so far

Right away notice smoother gear changes both up and down the box. Gear ratios seem really good, with rpm bring about 5-700 less for the same peed as on my 2015. Clutch feels lighter to. Pull. Still doing the break in so not been above 4500 revs yet which is just under an "indicated" 100 mph. Seems to pull well all way from 40 in sixth all way upto 4500, even up hill.

The lights are very good, noticeably better, and the cornering lights do seem to help. Everything else is as good as you expect from the FJR.

Only other thing I have noticed is that it is harder or more force required to push the pannier handles down to lock onto the bike.

Overall just love the bike, and the Matt silver is much better than I thought it was going to be.

Pictures will go on as soon as I work out how to do it!

<snip> My very first impression about the '16 is that the new transmission design is very smooth, especially going up in 1st and 2nd gear where the Gen II
was a bit clunky (at least my '07 is). Downshifting with the slipper clutch is also much smoother; it feels like you don't have to be as precise

with throttle blipping.
Thanks for the insight Dana, can't wait to get all the details in May! You're welcome and glad to hear the suspender swap went as planned...now you'll always have a little bit of '07 in the '16.

See you in May.

--G

I suggest checking out RedfishHunter's post for Water Water Everywhere. There's some discussion on his sport dark tint windshield, which I bet would look really great against that silver.

I'm gixxerjasen and I'm here to help you spend your money.
biggrin.png