• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New 2018 FJR1300A $10999

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fljab

Reaction score
Not mine, at a dealer in Effingham, IL. I bought one this morning (put the deposit down via CC). I figured to pass this on. He said he had 10 of them and after mine, there's 2 left.

Price breaks down as:

$10999 advertised price

410 freight

467 setup

179.50 doc fee

723.33 6% sales tax - they tax everything, not just the 10999

10 Illinois drive away fee (state mandated)

Total is 12788.83 OTD

I don't like the add ons, but they're not budging on it and it is the cheapest by at least $1500 for any leftover 6 speed, and a little bit cheaper than a '14A & '15A that I found, so I'm personally good with it.

Anyway, if this seems like something you want to take advantage of, go here:

https://www.owenmotorsports.com/Used-Motorcycles-ATVs-UTVs-Charleston-Decatur-IL--xClearanceInventory?location=effingham#page=xClearanceInventory&vt=motorcycle%20%2F%20scooter&location=effingham

Owen Motorsports

Effingham, IL

217-868-2550

Add on's are fine as long as you're comparing out the door to out the door and they are up front about them.

That is a killer OTD price. Congrats!!!

That is a great deal!! I found a brand new '16A on the floor at a local dealer, best he would do 14k plus all the BS. Not surprised it's still on his floor at that price. Congrats!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I never liked people that backed out of deals … until now !!!

punk.gif

That is a great deal!! I found a brand new '16A on the floor at a local dealer, best he would do 14k plus all the BS. Not surprised it's still on his floor at that price. Congrats!!
I've been seeing 18A models regularly for 13,5 to 14. What I do is go on google maps, get the area so it's maybe 100 miles across and put in "Yamaha motorcycle dealer". Then go on each website and look for new prior yr bikes. I've found new leftovers going back to '14. If I don't see anything Iike, then move on to another area. It eats time, but I do it in the evening usually after wifey and I have had dinner and I'm on the couch anyway.

I usually look in Florida, but sometimes just pick an area farther out, and that's how I found this one. On a whim, I did Illinois, and "joila!", I am now a Gen III FJR owner!

I got home today from my ~2100 mile round trip and now have a beautiful 2018A FJR in my garage. The folks at Owens Motorsports were great to deal with. They are trying to get more leftover FJRs; if you're interested I would call and/or watch their website.

I'd post a pic if I could figger out how to do it.