• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Add-on extension for Givi SR357 rack owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A fellow rider asked about the supersized Givi SR357 racks that I have built. When he said he already had a stock rack, I suggested I could probably design and build a similar supersized steel frame that he could then bolt onto his stock SR357. Below is the CAD prototype design I came up with. I am making these available to other riders as well. They will be powdercoated satin black but other colors are available. Cost is $180 plus S&H. Actual photos will be posted when available. If you buy one, you will need to notch the black plastic Monokey base with a Dremel so it will clear the lateral tubes - an easy job. PM me if you want to pursue.

DSC01964_zpshbcdsith.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What would be uber-cool would be a flat center plate that could be fitted with the appropriate hardware nubbins to make it Givi Mono-key compatible along with your side extension bars to make it soft bag friendly. That way one doesn't have to give up the Givi box capability to gain the larger soft bag platform.

I know... I always want to have my cake and eat it too. ;)

It does work with the plastic Givi Monokey base plate. The four screws that hold the Monokey plate onto the Givi rack are used to attach the new extension. If you wanted a flat filler plate to replace the Givi base, then one can be supplied at a slight additional cost.
thumbsup.gif