• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Aux rack for Gen2/3 Givi SR357 owners

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A fellow rider asked for a second rack to allow him to securely stow his soft bag over the passenger seat area. As this may be useful to other riders, I am offering these for sale for $180 plus S&H. The new steel rack (in green) measures about 12.25" deep x 16" wide and attaches with (4) M8 bolts (provided). I would normally powdercoat these in satin black but other colors are available. BTW, the gray rack is my supersized Givi offering. PM me if you might want one or both.
smile.png

SR357%20Aux%20rack%20combo_zpsmqfpc4tt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Garry this looks like another great product
good.gif

I have a few quick questions:

1. Do you have a general idea of the weight capacity of this rack?

2. Does it sit over the seat but just above so as not to damage it?

3. It looks like this rack should also bolt up to the standard Givi SR357 rack?

4. Assuming a bag/load mounted on this rack that over hangs to the top of the panniers, is it high enough to allow you to insert the key into the pannier locks and lift the tab to open the lids?

5, Looks like this rack could also serve as a rider backrest with the addition of a simple/slim back cushion that slips on over end part, is that in the works?

I have a few quick answers:

1. Do you have a general idea of the weight capacity of this rack? ->Quite a bit. The two lower M8 fasteners would probably fail in shear so if the cross section of each bolt is about .2", they should each easily carry around 600# before yielding. You won't be bending the 0.060 wall steel tubing either.

2. Does it sit over the seat but just above so as not to damage it? ->yes, that was a design criteria.

3. It looks like this rack should also bolt up to the standard Givi SR357 rack? ->yes, that was a design criteria.

4. Assuming a bag/load mounted on this rack that over hangs to the top of the panniers, is it high enough to allow you to insert the key into the pannier locks and lift the tab to open the lids? -> I believe so, but the rack does not stick out over the lift tab.

5, Looks like this rack could also serve as a rider backrest with the addition of a simple/slim back cushion that slips on over end part, is that in the works? -> not at this time.

James beat me to it. This is super cool. But with a bolt up backrest, it could be an international movement.

In the stock mcsquiddington configuration, true, but for LD work using heli's, entirely doable. The hovering rack extension alone is brilliant. I only mentioned backrest because there's a 2014 fjr rider. That built a hovering rack over the rear seat and used it to mount a top case rider backrest.

I received and installed my aux rack today. I am very happy with the design the fit and finish. Great Job Gary.

Gary, Thanks for posting the pics, I tried but I couldn't. No big deal I'll figure out.

I am very pleased with the whole setup. Excellent quality and it gives me a lot options to carry stuff. I have an upcoming trip to Arkansas in two week and it will get it's initial workout.

I'll post pics of it loaded if I get their posting figured out.

I am very pleased with the whole setup. Excellent quality and it gives me a lot options to carry stuff. I have an upcoming trip to Arkansas in two week and it will get it's initial workout.
I couldn't agree more. Using mine on my 2400 mile Spring Bloom ride, it was fantastic to have easy access to all my gear, and even be able to VERY easily access my panniers under my duffel.

Loving my new rack system.

This is just an awesome rack. If the wife didn't ride with me so frequently I'd already have one.