New Bike is Finally Here!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rbentnail

Economic Plankton
Reaction score
Picked it up Wed morn. An '07A. I am new to this style of ride so forgive me for saying: HOE LEE CRAP!!!

DSCN0566.jpg

Congratulations!!!

May you and your new baby have many many happy miles together

....BTW, frame sliders-pronto-
Already on order, along with the Vista throttle lock. I got spoiled with one on the Kaw 1500 cruiser I had. Planning on doing the throttle spring adjustment in the next few days- we're slated for cold rain anyway.

Your probably not too far from some great roads! The first time you really push an FJR you get off thinking, is it possible this fat pig was moving that fast through those turns????

Thanks everyone! It's 37 miles from the dealer to my house so I took the 70 mile route. It's quite a difference from the cruisers I had, but I took my time, getting the feel, discovering the ergos (I missed the pegs a couple times looking for the fwd controls), etc. The balance, agility & torque took a few miles to get used to, but the route home included interstate, gentle country & winding narrow roads so I got to experiment a bit with various aspects of the bike. What a fine machine!!

Welcome to the FJR world.

There's a group of us (FJR owners) who ride every weekend from the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll get you hooked up.

Regards,

JW

Welcome and enjoy your new ride. I've had mine 5 months and I really enjoying the riding position. and it's stealth like quickness! I've added a riser and back plate (1 1/2 up & back) and loweing peg's as I'm 6'3" and I can ride all day. Good luck, keep two down and have fun!

Thanks everyone! It's 37 miles from the dealer to my house so I took the 70 mile route. It's quite a difference from the cruisers I had, but I took my time, getting the feel, discovering the ergos (I missed the pegs a couple times looking for the fwd controls), etc. The balance, agility & torque took a few miles to get used to, but the route home included interstate, gentle country & winding narrow roads so I got to experiment a bit with various aspects of the bike. What a fine machine!!
I also came from a cruiser to the FJR :rolleyes:

Sorta like......................being baptized..........born again............now go forth brother and sin no more :yahoo:

Loooooookeeeeng Goooooooood!! ~6wks & I'm right there w/ ya!! ...C'mon Raven!! Happy ridin' & Be Safe Out There!

I've had my 07 since May and have 14,000 miles on it! Have fun.

By the way, did they do the ECU swap before they sold it to you?