New Bike is Finally Here!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait till you get to lean her over and feel your foot, then your pegs scrape the ground. Oh baby, oh baby,, ooooooh.

Congrats on the new purchase.

Take mine in tomorrow for its 600 mile service and then can't wait to flog the crap out of it.

Be careful cause these bikes like to "cruise" at 90 or better.

HOE LEE CRAP!!!
I know exactly how you feel. I came from a VTX 1300, and while I loved the bike it doesn’t hold a candle to the FJR. I routinely would give the old VTX 100% throttle, I am not sure I want to give the FJR 100%...i might find myself sitting on my ass in the middle of the road watching it ride itself into the sunset. :dribble:

Congrats!

Congratulations on a great looking 07! Can relate as I too came off a HD (cruiser) in 06 and still getting use to this style but without a doubt it gets better each time I ride. I actually thought I made a big mistake when I picked it up be that quickly went away. The FJR is now the bike of choice when I go out and is more comfortable IMO. Just be safe out there and keep us updated. PM. <>< :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone again!! Since we have rain today and tomorrow, I spent today stowing raingear & such, upgrading the toolkit, etc. Along with a little dusting, aka heavy petting, it was a satisfying day nonetheless.

Welcome to the FJR world.
There's a group of us (FJR owners) who ride every weekend from the Raleigh/Chapel Hill area.

If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll get you hooked up.

Regards,

JW
Thanks for the invite! My job requires that I work most weekends and luckily I work with Goldwing guys, sportbike guys and girls, and of course HD guys. We all give each other lots of crap for what we ride but we have no problems riding together when we can. But you might be hearing from me...

I've had my 07 since May and have 14,000 miles on it! Have fun.
By the way, did they do the ECU swap before they sold it to you?
No, the new ECU hadn't arrived before it was ready to go, so it's still on order and will be done when it gets here. WTH, it's just another excuse to ride back to the stealership.

I'm picking up my 07A in 4 weeks. You're makin me crazy man!
Sorry about that!! But rejoice with me now and I'll celebrate with you next month.

I am new to this style of ride so forgive me for saying: HOE LEE CRAP!!!
Ahhh I rember that feeling. Coming from cruisers to the FJR was something else. I just kept pulling and pulling :yahoo:

Congrats, you will love it. Good looking year too B)

Welcome and enjoy your new ride. I've had mine 5 months and I really enjoying the riding position. and it's stealth like quickness! I've added a riser and back plate (1 1/2 up & back) and loweing peg's as I'm 6'3" and I can ride all day. Good luck, keep two down and have fun!
Tell me more about the back plate. I got the Genmar risers, which claim an inch up and an inch back, but really only give an inch up. I could sure use that inch to the back!

Did the wind screen retract disabling this morning. I like it a lot better when it stays where I put it. Took about an hour, but I didn't get in any hurry.

Put the 1" Genmar risers on today. And also pulled the bars back as far as they would go. Mucho gooder!! Another 45 minutes well spent.

Congrats on the new bike. Like a few others came from the cruiser ranks, I got rid of a beast of a Yamaha called a Venture, go from riding that monster and then hop on a 06 FJR AE Model, Ahhhh What a rush! The more I ride mine the more I want to keep riding it, I am always looking for reasons to get on the bike and go, if even for a couple of miles. If the FJR was a drug, I'd have to say I'm an addict, but I don't need and don't want no rehab, no no no!

When I decided to go completely the other way for my motorcycle needs I decided to sell both of the bikes I had at the time, my Harley and my 800 plus pound Venture. I figured as soon as one of them was gone I was heading over and getting the FJR, so when the Harley went one day I was at the dealership the next buying mine. After riding mine for a little while now I tell people this bike runs like a sewing machine, nice quiet, tight, and gets the job done. I will say this bike by far is the nicest thing I have ever ridden, never before would I even attempt to ride when it was below 45 degrees out, now that is nooo problem. I do try to keep her inside when it's 32 and below though, not because she can't handle it, it's because neither one of us do well with ICE. But if the FJR had studs in the tires, I might be tempted (only kidding)

Hope you have many fun filled safe miles. Enjoy your new ride.