New bike !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monk69

Reaction score
As much as I like this forum and the people....I have bought a new Honda VFR 08' (silver)......The main thing that put me off about the FJR is the heavy clutch pressure(64 year old wimp).....I found a good deal on it for 1k under the going price.....I had a VFR before and loved it,and from what I've read they're always improving it....V4,runs on 2 valves per cylinder till it reaches 6,700 rpm,then all 4 valves kick in....15,000 mile service intervals....runs on reg. fuel,35/40 per gal..........Will miss all the great tech.help this site has to offer........Thx,Monk

Don't be a stranger, 'specially if you've made some friends here... I don't own an FJR either but they've been pretty nice to me... ;)

And congrats on the new bike!! :yahoo:

What the Hey, it's closer to bein' a baby FeeJeR than a baby ST, ...even if it is a vee! Cool Ride, Enjoy!

As much as I like this forum and the people....I have bought a new Honda VFR 08' (silver)......The main thing that put me off about the FJR is the heavy clutch pressure(64 year old wimp).....I found a good deal on it for 1k under the going price.....I had a VFR before and loved it,and from what I've read they're always improving it....V4,runs on 2 valves per cylinder till it reaches 6,700 rpm,then all 4 valves kick in....15,000 mile service intervals....runs on reg. fuel,35/40 per gal..........Will miss all the great tech.help this site has to offer........Thx,Monk
I considered a VFR ( red) with hard bags before I got the FJR ... Nice bike ,, not as heavy as the FJR,,, I'm

getting older ,, been worried about picking up a heavy bike like the Concours / FJR if I drop it..

VFR had alot of good points,,, I didn't care for the V-tech valve idea ,,, just a personal thing ,,,

Honda makes a great bike,,, let me know how the VFR works out for you ,,, :yahoo:

I considered a VFR ( red) with hard bags before I got the FJR ... Nice bike ,, not as heavy as the FJR,,, I'm

getting older ,, been worried about picking up a heavy bike like the Concours / FJR if I drop it..

VFR had alot of good points,,, I didn't care for the V-tech valve idea ,,, just a personal thing ,,,

Honda makes a great bike,,, let me know how the VFR works out for you ,,, :yahoo:
You just got to make sure you never drop it.

Monk,

I just did the opposite...I have a 2001 VFR and decided to get something with more power and protection from the elements and picked up a 2008 FJR. Luckily my wife let me keep the VFR (for now anyways). Be sure to check out www.vfrdiscussion.com. It is the same calibur as FJRForum. There are some very knowledgable individuals on that site that know the 6th gens really well.

Good Luck, Corey

01VFR

What they said, we don't care what you ride, just that you ride. And if you get old or whatever you can still hang out here!

Monk,

I just did the opposite...I have a 2001 VFR and decided to get something with more power and protection from the elements and picked up a 2008 FJR. Luckily my wife let me keep the VFR (for now anyways). Be sure to check out www.vfrdiscussion.com. It is the same calibur as FJRForum. There are some very knowledgable individuals on that site that know the 6th gens really well.

Good Luck, Corey

01VFR

Thx,Corey........Looks like a nice forum(as you said like this one)....Thx for the lead....Monk

Don't be a stranger, 'specially if you've made some friends here... I don't own an FJR either but they've been pretty nice to me... ;)
What she said. Riding with good people is always a joy, regardless of their bike of choice.

Heck, we even let Sacramento Mike join us on his KLR! :huh:

I don't own an FJR either but they've been pretty nice to me... ;)
En, Tyler, yew jist HUSH! Yer ruinin' ar repitition! :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to leave. I don't have, or even want an FJR, and I still hang out a bit in this forum! :) (Mostly so I can make fun of my brother who does wreck have an FJR.)

I'd sure like a '98-'01 VFR, though...