New England

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSrider

Reaction score
Myself and Gypsy will be spending saturday and sunday night in Camden,ME. Gypsy will be heading down to RI on monday while I will be hanging around either NH or VT for a couple days. What are some must see sights or roads in this area?

Myself and Gypsy will be spending saturday and sunday night in Camden,ME. Gypsy will be heading down to RI on monday while I will be hanging around either NH or VT for a couple days. What are some must see sights or roads in this area?

Must get out to Mt Dessert Island. Ride the loop at Acadia National Park. Get Lobster at the Trenton Bridge lobster pound just before you get on the island. Take a ride to the north side of Frenchmans Bay and visit the smaller section of the park on the north side.

Mt. Washington auto road is a ride you won't soon forget-if you are lucky enough to be allowed to ride up. I would guess there is about a %50 chance of that. Once in June it was 93 degrees when I paid at the toll booth, we left all our gear including helmets at the bottom - temp. at the summit was 28 degrees! See also Franklin Notch, Kakamangus highway, and Lincoln

Gap road in Vt. if you're over that way. 1A from York, Me. to Salisbury Mass. is a nice slow no helmet ride along the coast.

Kevin,

Sorry for the late response, haven't been on the forum much lately.

I expect to see you guys in Camden on Sunday morning. I can give you some suggestions then. For sure, take in Bar Harbor and the rest of Mt Desert Island. Especially Cadillac Mtn and the Loop Road. In Camden, Be sure to go to the top of Mt Battie. There is a modest fee but it's worth it. Near Rockland is the Owls Head Transportation Museum. They are putting on a foreign auto festival this Sunday. The place is awesome!

I'm bringing my SO, Arlene. Is Susan coming along?

Charlie

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin,
Sorry for the late response, haven't been on the forum much lately.

I expect to see you guys in Camden on Sunday morning. I can give you some suggestions then. For sure, take in Bar Harbor and the rest of Mt Desert Island. Especially Cadillac Mtn and the Loop Road. In Camden, Be sure to go to the top of Mt Battie. There is a modest fee but it's worth it. Near Rockland is the Owls Head Transportation Museum. They are putting on a foreign auto festival this Sunday. The place is awesome!

I'm bringing my SO, Arlene. Is Susan coming along?

Charlie
No Susan is not coming with me, if she did I think Ann Marie would have a problem with that :D Thats OK charlie I know what you meant. The weather is a little too chilly now for her on the back of a bike, until we get some heated clothing.

Ann Marie says that she is hurt that you do not remember her.

See you on Sunday morning.

Kevin.