New ES is home

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbacon

Reaction score
After searching far and wide in and out of state, I finally found an ES at an in state dealership at a price I was willing to pay. Put up the $500 so they could take it out of the crate and assemble it with my name attached. Had a trade in offer on my ten year old GL 1800 that was not great so I took a flyer on Craig's list. The same night a guy from IL called to make an offer I liked more than trade in. He drove up with a trailer, left an envelope of cash that was $1700 over trade. Must be living right I guess as it all came together in a week. The Yamaha dealer, Mike at Port Washington (WI) Yamaha put together a nice package on the FJR and treated me very well at orientation. Drove the ES home yesterday and spent most of today trying to learn all the new systems. I have an 07 FJR I keep in the southwest for winter riding. The 2014 is much improved. Only 200 miles so far but it's very sweet. Making a list of improvements to suit my needs and riding style. This site was very helpful in steering me to a decision.

Congratulations. You're probably Kevin Bacon the movie star then?
smile.png

Nice!

Can't imagine why you'd wanna keep a place in the southwest to escape to during the winter...
flirt.gif

What's the going catch phrase?...if there's no pics, it didn't happen. Come on man show "her" off.
angry2.gif

Don't pay any attention to "the man behind the curtain"...he's just jealous!

Sorry about the lack of a picture. I took a look at what it takes to upload one using photobucket and different URL's and know that is just beyond my interest and attention span. I don't have a real computer, only an iPad. So you'll just have to take my word for it unless you want me to send you one from my pad. Rather than invest the time and energy to post a pic, I'll just be out riding the ES. Look for a guy with a big smile on a red FJR and that will be me.

There goes a happy moron

He doesn't give a damn

I wish I were a moron

My god, perhaps I am! Ogden Nash

Sorry about the lack of a picture. I took a look at what it takes to upload one using photobucket and different URL's and know that is just beyond my interest and attention span. I don't have a real computer, only an iPad. So you'll just have to take my word for it unless you want me to send you one from my pad. Rather than invest the time and energy to post a pic, I'll just be out riding the ES. Look for a guy with a big smile on a red FJR and that will be me. There goes a happy moron He doesn't give a damn I wish I were a moron My god, perhaps I am! Ogden Nash
Congratulations on the new bike! You're going to have fun flogging it. :D

An iPad isn't really a showstopper in terms of uploading a pic, but not having a spot online to store the pics is. There are a ton of options out there these days. It's a demanding crowd here. ;)

Sorry about the lack of a picture. I took a look at what it takes to upload one using photobucket and different URL's and know that is just beyond my interest and attention span. I don't have a real computer, only an iPad. So you'll just have to take my word for it unless you want me to send you one from my pad. Rather than invest the time and energy to post a pic, I'll just be out riding the ES. Look for a guy with a big smile on a red FJR and that will be me. There goes a happy moron He doesn't give a damn I wish I were a moron My god, perhaps I am! Ogden Nash
Bet it looks like the one posted here, and the many elsewhere on the forum:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/157481-yeah-i-finally-picked-up-the-2014-fjr-es/

kbacon even has more miles on his than I have on mine, plan to work on that this weekend though.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Yamaha dealer, Mike at Port Washington (WI) Yamaha put together a nice package on the FJR and treated me very well at orientation.
Hey Congrats to you sir.....

I wasn't going to open this thread because it pretty much like all the rest of them - everyone is getting a new ES and errrr welll I'm not.... hahahha

At any rate - I would have loved to be there when you picked it up, I live a few miles away from that dealership and I know the family pretty well.

I'm personally waiting until they come out with a better color for me - red is not really my cup of tea, but I'm glad you like the new steed.

FWIW - last year we were invited to go fishing with the Hickey's Harbor Fish Market (commercial fishing co ) in Baileys Harbor....

Had a super nice ride with the woman through all of door county.... Stopped at Kitty O'Reilly's for some grub... Always a pleasure to ride up there.

Great Times....

Ooooh...iPad user. I won't hold that against you
nea.gif
. Seriously, though, hope you enjoy the new bike and if I'm every in that part of the country, I'll be sure to take notice.

Here's a pic of Kevin's new ride via Photobucket He sent it to me attached to an E mail on May 19, reportedly just after getting home with it.

Don't worry Kevin, I've got you covered!

(Apparently an I Pad is capable of E mailing pictures.)

Last edited by a moderator: