New Farkles

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mehaffydr

Reaction score
What are you adding or changeing this winter to prepare for the Rally.

I am considering a J&M cb unit to help with some of the slabbin time. Other than that rear end grease, oil and tires. I am going to do tires at Matt's.

After last summer, I need to work on a better hydration set up. I have a Skyway setup but didn't use it. May be I'll get around to mounting it this winter.

The new bike is in the garage waiting for farkles to be transfered.

Here's what it looks like:

74690_442237373870_747648870_5451421_1740036_n.jpg

I like the bar risers, and it is an ABS model - unlike the previous model. Otherwise identical.

Next week the seat will be going to Russell (group buy). The fun is just starting!

Peter

The seat is back. Leather top, vinyl sides.

39422_466305528870_747648870_5824984_4256152_n.jpg

They recommend 1000 miles to break it in. Cape Fear wil be a good test.

PD

Been busy adding stuff for the 2011 riding season:

Dispatch 1 for farkle management, Russell saddle, Cox rad protector, Fenda Extenda, Givi rack with a SHAD 46 trunck case with flashing Admore LED's, keyless gas cap, wiring for the Zumo 660, GPSMAP 478, Zumo 450 (Backup), V1, throttlemeister, Alex's reflectors, Doran tire Pressure Monitor, CalSci windshield, heated grips, bar backs, and we added a bulkhead fitting in the gas tank for the 4 gal fuel cell.

I'll be making the bike's ignition "key optional".

Tank bags: Givi or a Pacsafe, not sure which one yet.

Still 2 more weekends to get everything back together.

Crazy!

Peter

Well I went ahead and got the J&M CB unit along with some other goodies like tire presure monitor, new Gerbing Heated Gear, Blue Sea fuse block. So I have had the bike in pieces. This is what it looks like as of last night. I will get it together tonight and 9 1/2 weeks should give me plenty of time to make sure all is working well.

BikePrep001.jpg

BikePrep002.jpg

BikePrep003.jpg

This is my #1 Helper.

BikePrep004.jpg

I also needed to do a general clean up on the wiring so this will be a much cleaner install when its done.