New FJR Model

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, I just bought a new 2010 this month, but now reading all this about needing new parts, and all the problems like heat and static, I must of made a mistake. Before I signed the papers, I thought the FJR would be dependable, (a lot of that based on reading this forum), but guess I should now sell it quick and buy a Harly, since most of my friends asked why didn't I get one of those. Hope it stays together for a couple of weeks, since it will take that long to get the needed title to sell it.
I am with you, I hope my 10 holds together for another month or two. Well, since I hold the title, it will be easy to get the scrap guy to come and pick it up, hell he may even give me 50 bucks for the scrap aluminum. :p

Darn, I just bought a new 2010 this month, but now reading all this about needing new parts, and all the problems like heat and static, I must of made a mistake. Before I signed the papers, I thought the FJR would be dependable, (a lot of that based on reading this forum), but guess I should now sell it quick and buy a Harly, since most of my friends asked why didn't I get one of those. Hope it stays together for a couple of weeks, since it will take that long to get the needed title to sell it.
I am with you, I hope my 10 holds together for another month or two. Well, since I hold the title, it will be easy to get the scrap guy to come and pick it up, hell he may even give me 50 bucks for the scrap aluminum. :p

My $500 offer still stands. :lol:

GP

Yeah, what the hell were you thinking!! Sell it quick and get a Hardly Ableson.

I've been reading this and many other threads about the problems & complaints about the Gen 1 & Gen 2 bikes. I realize that most of the ribbing by the Gen 1 owners is just good-natured fun, but some of you seem awfully positive that there are major problems with Gen 2 bikes that make them not worth owning. Let me give you my impression of my new '11 FJR, coming from someone who has 30 years experience on bikes, although with a 20-year hiatus until this June.

I've only had my '11 since June 4, and have put 7000 miles on it, riding across Nevada & back, up the west coast to Washington twice, and several day trips across the Sierra and foothills. My only expense so far has been replacing the stock BT021 tires with Pirelli Angels. The throttle response on mine is smooth as silk, with a spring tension that's very light. I bought one of those Cramp Busters, but it was unnecessary, IMHO. The brakes are awesome, only need 2 fingers on the front to really haul 'er to a stop. The handling, once moving, is surprisingly light and nimble and surprisingly forgiving. At first, I was pretty intimidated by the acceleration and weight of the bike, but that power is sure a rush, and is not hard to handle with a little experience.

From what I've heard from friends with other makes & models, the FJR is a real pleasure to own, and a lot more reliable than most. Everyone I meet thinks it's great looking, too, except for some Harley riders with the Nazi helmets who look down their noses at 'rice'.

Of course, that's just my opinion...I could be wrong. :dribble:

I'll give you $500 for the worthless piece of crap. :)

GP

I wouldn't. :finger: :rofl:
Hey Everbody, what do you say that all of us on the FJR Forum join in together and sing the "Mr. Personality" song to our RadioHowie!! Come on now, on my count of three, let's all sing to RH:

20 Fingers - Mr. Personality Lyrics

"They call you Mr. Personality

You're so ugly

When I look at you

I go out of my mind

It's like I'm looking

At someone's behind

You make the children scream

And baby's cry

With your crusty teeth

And your blood shot eyes

Ha ha

Mr. Personality

Man that's ugly

They call you Mr. Personality

You're so ugly

No matter what you wear

Your face doesn't matter

I don't think you were born

You had to be hatched

Everyone you meet

Gets one hell of a scare

They can't fall asleep

Cause your a walking nightmare

Ha ha ha ha

Mr. Personality

Man that's ugly

You're so ugly

Ha ha

Mr. Personality

Man that's ugly

Is that your face

Or did your neck throw up something

Ha ha

Mr. Personality

Man that's ugly

You're so ugly!"

Last edited by a moderator:
THENKYEW...THENKYEW

taking-a-bow-with-a-top-hat-and-roses.jpg

I've been reading this and many other threads about the problems & complaints about the Gen 1 & Gen 2 bikes. I realize that most of the ribbing by the Gen 1 owners is just good-natured fun, but some of you seem awfully positive that there are major problems with Gen 2 bikes that make them not worth owning.

<major snippage>

From what I've heard from friends with other makes & models, the FJR is a real pleasure to own, and a lot more reliable than most. Everyone I meet thinks it's great looking, too, except for some Harley riders with the Nazi helmets who look down their noses at 'rice'.

Of course, that's just my opinion...I could be wrong. :dribble:
As a member in good standing and the appointed "Parking Nazi/Brute Squad Leader" for the Superior Gen I Super Secret Ride/Meet, let me say.....

:rofl:

The Gen II is a great bike....almost as good as my Gen I. ;)

You must realize that most of what goes on here is "in family". There are slight issues that have been or are resolved and the cures are available on this website, along with other advice (some completely unnecessary but mostly humorous).

The only issue I'd be worried about if I owned a Gen II is the grounding spider....and Brodie makes a wiring loom that solves that need. And he's "local" to you! :clapping:

The most important part....riding the bikes and enjoying the comaraderie! :yahoo:

[...but it would have to be a Gen II AE. (Radiohowie quote)

There ya go! :clapping:

I'd bet the ranch there WON'T be a GenIII in 2012...there may NEVER be a GenIII, but if there was, I would NOT be an early-adopter.
I agree, I am afraid that Yamaha will bow out of the ST market to focus on the Super Tenere. :(

We should know by Wednesday (9/14/11) what it's going to be for 2012. My dealer said that's when they'll find out.......

Since this is Friday, let me post a picture of a guaranteed New FJR Model:

IMG_0264b.jpg

Note the use of a Sacajawea dollar as a side stand puck. The suspension works and the steering turns the front wheel.
+1 NIB here in the office. Same color.

Status
Not open for further replies.