New Guy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsdpoet

Reaction score
Just picked up an 07 FJR1300....first FJR but have had over 75 bikes.....I'm an old guy (73) but still riding.  Live in one of the worst places to ride...Long Island, NY, but it's great once I get over the GW Bridge.

Welcome Isopoet, I also own an 07 FJR1300. I'm 70 so I understand the old guy thing. I'm in Idaho with some great riding. Had the bike for 1 1/2 years with 10,000 miles in that time. Camp off the bike on 3/4 day trips. Added a $60.00 bar riser that pulls the bars back about an 1". Works good but I would like just a little more. Damn thing is fast. Test only, I ran it up to 140 mph. It got there  and was running through it so I shut it down. No shimmy at any point. I was told the folks in Germany cruise the FJR1300 at 160 on the Autobonn. I didn't think it would go that fast, Wrong !! It will do it all day. Never had a problem with this bike. Better then my BMW R1100 RT was on smooth ride and power but, seating not quite as good. You should the bike. Have fun !

Greetings to the Club!  You and Revider  make me feel like a pup at just 67.  I hope you enjoy the forum.  It contains a ton of expert advice on maintaining these two wheel hot rods.  Traffic around the DFW area probably sucks just as much as the Long Island area.  I've owned my 2010 model for 6 years now.  Love the damn thing.  Great for running errands or heading up to the Canadian border.  Eats up the highway miles.  

75 bikes? Did you buy 3 per year, starting in high school?  Anyway, on my third FJR and bought my first, sight unseen and undriven, from the out-of-state dealer. Perfect fit.  Yes, we all are older. Best wishes to you.  Head up to Maine when you can.

75 bikes? Did you buy 3 per year, starting in high school?  Anyway, on my third FJR and bought my first, sight unseen and undriven, from the out-of-state dealer. Perfect fit.  Yes, we all are older. Best wishes to you.  Head up to Maine when you can.
Thanks for the response....managed a bike shop for many years, therefore the ability to purchase and sell multiple bikes.

Would love to get up to Maine...beautiful riding state.