New Guy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faston2whlz

Reaction score
Hi folks I am a brand new FJR owner and would like to say hello to all. I just picked up a 2008 FJR with only 5100 original miles and a ton of goodies. Bike is still showroom new and I already fell in love with it. I paid $3900 for it so I hope I got a decent deal on it. I am a long time sport bike rider (mainly FZ1's) and have now decided it's time to get on an FJR. I have a brand new hip and wanted something comfy and this fills the bill for me. It is nice to get back in the saddle after 2 years of extreme hip pain and inability to ride in that condition. I feel like I just got out of jail...lol. hope to see you on the forum as I will probably need some tuning and other FJR tips along the way. I will post up a pic or 2 as soon as I figure out how.... looks like just copy the URL and I'm good to go

Can't link to something in your email.  Need a web location for the picture.  In the previous forum incarnation, it had to end in .jpg but I am not entirely certain if it does now.  Also, Google doesn't allow posting from a Google Photos account.  I usually use a free Flickr account.

Welcome!

Welcome.  Lots of good info here.  Sounds like a decent deal for the low miles.  Almost too low miles for a ten year old bike. Check the tires for a date code.

Welcome.  Lots of good info here.  Sounds like a decent deal for the low miles.  Almost too low miles for a ten year old bike. Check the tires for a date code.
Oh I know.... it's original everything. Luckily he had the presence of mind to put a bunch of Stabil in the full tank of gas so no rust or anything. The first thing I did was come home and drain the old fuel out.....all  of it. Didn't smell like varnish but didn't smell all that good either. I've run almost a full tank of good gas thru it and she runs perfect. It never ran bad just didn't have the zip with that old fuel that it does now. I'm extremely pleased with the bike. It's a bit heavier than I'm used to with my FZ1s but it sure is smoother. This thing has all this hard luggage and other stuff I'll never use so I'm gonna put all of it up for sale.  I won't be doing any long distance riding on it with this new hip like it is. Not sure what all of it is worth but I'm sure you guys do.