New guy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Joe here.
Bought an 08 A model(the auto clutch one) three years ago. Love it. Added a custom seat, bar risers and taller windscreen. It is now perfect. I am brand loyal to Yamaha. I had Enduros, 650 specials, viragos, Fj1200, a Venture Royale and a few others. Only one Honda (750 Nighthawk) in 45 years of riding. I ride single and mostly day trips in the New Jersey area. Currently building a wrecked FJ09, just for fun.

Welcome, Joe. How smooth is shifting with the auto clutch?

Joewittmer,
Get in the habit of shutting down your bike with the kill switch. Especially good advice for everyone but CRITICAL for an autoclutch. Ask me how I know.

Joewittmer, I had a autoclutch model. Came to a stop and somehow the heated grip wire in the throttle hung up and I couldn't turn the throttle. Buzzing at high rpm , no clutch lever to pull in and the brake lever was doing very little. Killed the engine with the switch . Possibility very bad things could have happened

Joewittmer, I had a autoclutch model. Came to a stop and somehow the heated grip wire in the throttle hung up and I couldn't turn the throttle. Buzzing at high rpm , no clutch lever to pull in and the brake lever was doing very little. Killed the engine with the switch . Possibility very bad things could have happened

Came to a stop and somehow the heated grip wire in the throttle hung up and I couldn't turn the throttle.
Never heard of that happening to anyone before. The pull-pull dual cables makes it less likely to have a throttle cable issue.
The clutch is the most automatic thing to try but it is good to develop reflexes for the kill switch, especially with the AE.
(Ignition key switch and sidestand are options as well although the latter is a BAD idea if in motion.)

Bike rear-ended a truck. All front end damage. Forks, radiator, exhaust, headlight and misc. bits and pieces. Frame is straight so I took a chance. Coming along. Put new forks and triple tree on this part Sunday. Repairing what I can, buying what I can't. Maybe by the end of August.

Bike rear-ended a truck. All front end damage. Forks, radiator, exhaust, headlight and misc. bits and pieces. Frame is straight so I took a chance. Coming along. Put new forks and triple tree on this part Sunday. Repairing what I can, buying what I can't. Maybe by the end of August.
Oh my! Who was driving? Great, you're still able to restore it.