New Harley Sighting?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The above meme didn't originate with me, I just ran across it online and thought because this is an FJR forum, someone might find it humorous.
Guess not, sorry I posted it.

BTW, I also own a Road King, and love it.

You apologized way to quickly. I have Harley buddy’s and always fake like they are pulling away and then “drop the hammer” lol it’s great fun!!
I played with a guy all morning on a 1200 Sportster once and he actually thought he had something for my FZ1 until I stood it all I could, then it was bye bye.

To Panman, I'm sure the new Pan America is a great bike but I'm just not into ugly fairings, knobby tires and big honkin side boxes.

Last edited:
I've got a friend I enjoy riding with who rides a late-model HD bagger. He's a heck of a rider, and I've followed him at well over 100 many times. He does things with that HD on crooked roads that I wouldn't have though possible if I hadn't seen it myself. :)

The above meme didn't originate with me, I just ran across it online and thought because this is an FJR forum, someone might find it humorous.
Guess not, sorry I posted it.

BTW, I also own a Road King, and love it.
I thought it was cute and you shouldn't be sorry.
Lost a friend years ago because we teased him first because he rode a BSA then bought a Harley he was a good guy. Since then I've always been a bit careful about teasing folks about the ride they have! The real loud and real proud I don't have time for, anyone else who is happy to be out on two wheels is ok by me

BTW, I rode a 65 Panhead for close to 20 years. Don't miss it much but would love to find a decent 51 basket case.

Last edited:
Kevin, I know you guys like the HD Pan Am you test rode last fall but to say it will out run a FJR?

COME ON MAN!
Well Bug, I'm not going to be the one to try and prove anything! The FJR is about 90 plus pounds heavier with five less HP? It's not for me, I don't know why anyone needs a 150 HP dual sport? I'm happy with my Tenere, also still satisfied with my 07 FJR. Between the two I've meet a lot of nice folks and managed a poultry 155,000 mile's and that I'm totally ashamed of as it should be at least 250,000. :(

Well Bug, I'm not going to be the one to try and prove anything! The FJR is about 90 plus pounds heavier with five less HP? It's not for me, I don't know why anyone needs a 150 HP dual sport? I'm happy with my Tenere, also still satisfied with my 07 FJR. Between the two I've meet a lot of nice folks and managed a poultry 155,000 mile's and that I'm totally ashamed of as it should be at least 250,000. :(
Yeah 150hp at 9k, just below redline. As opposed to the fjr with max hp between 7 and 8k with the same redline.

I guess I was picturing running at a buck fifty in Nevada for a half hour or so chasing Warchild. Think the Harley is up to that task? Sometimes weight and aerodynamics are your friend. I've learned that on my S10 for sure. 😳

But like you my friend the older I get the faster I was. 😝

Yeah 150hp at 9k, just below redline. As opposed to the fjr with max hp between 7 and 8k with the same redline.

Quarter-mile times would be interesting. But truthfully, in the real world it doesn't seem to matter a lot. At any rate, they're different bikes for different purposes. I recently did 5000+ miles in 12 days on the FJR. Five of those were 600 mile days. Would I want to do that on a Pan America? Not only no, but ............. :)

I thought it was cute and you shouldn't be sorry.
Lost a friend years ago because we teased him first because he rode a BSA then bought a Harley he was a good guy. Since then I've always been a bit careful about teasing folks about the ride they have! The real loud and real proud I don't have time for, anyone else who is happy to be out on two wheels is ok by me

BTW, I rode a 65 Panhead for close to 20 years. Don't miss it much but would love to find a decent 51 basket case.
Yeah...back in the day those and knuckleheads are the reason we call it IronButt challenge....started with them after 4 hours hehe