New Map for PCIII

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VMaxGuru

Reaction score
Hello!

I have been a lurker of this great site. Let me get to the point. I purchased my bike used and it had a PCIII with a "smoothness map" loaded into it. I have been very happy with the bike as it was. I recently purchased a Factory Pro ec997 load dyno and I was curious to see if I could improve my fuel economy and increase the bikes power. One of the benefits of the ec997 dyno is a live HP and TQ display. At lower throttle angles, I can alter a fuel map and send it to the PCIII while the bikes engine is under a load and watch the result in real time. I can also watch to see the engines physical reaction to these changes. I use a 5 gas analyzer rather than solely relying on a Wide Band O2 to measure the emissions. Many times, if not most times, the maximum HP and its resultant Air Fuel Ratio will vary greatly from the performance of a bike which the tuning was based upon a "Target AFR" style of tuning. I can also testify that each bike is slightly unique, so a generic map will be just that. If you are currently running the "smoothness map", you may give this one a shot. It is not a huge improvement over the other map and it could go either way, but my bike runs a little better with this map.

VMaxGuru.com FJR PCIII map Link

My current level of work precludes me from checking in often, but I would like for you to e-mail me feedback.

My Email

Hats off to you guys for a great forum about the "best all around motorcycle ever made!"

Tim Nash

VMaxGuru.com