New Member - Arizona

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjepps72

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2006 AE model with the auto-clutch system. Was able to get it for a cheap enough price where I was willing to try the auto-clutch out. Test ride proved that it was easy enough to adapt to. Searching around already but if anyone else has experience with the AE model, I would greatly appreciate any feedback. 

Mike

Good evening and welcome to the forum. I have owned a 2006 and 2007 AE. Loved both of them, never had a problem with them. Lots of help available here if you do. Sure wish they still made them available to North America.

Welcome from the Big Apple. Bought my AE new in 09. Love it. You'll find there are a few quirks you'll need to get used to. For awhile in the beginning I was still reaching for the clutch when I came to a red light 😄 but eventually you get used to it. I love my AE. 😁

Welcome!  I'm in Phoenix.  I've had my 2007 AE for a while now and I'm still infatuated with it.  I think I used the foot shifter for almost a year before my need for it went away.  I never do anymore.  But I have other bikes and it hasn't affected the way I shift other bikes. 

Welcome from another Phoenician!  Now that the weather is getting better we should all get together for a ride.  Another FJR owner and I did the Yarnell-Prescott-Jermoe-Sedona loop this past Wednesday.  It was glorious.

Though not sure I want to hang out with you AE girls.......

xQBXmA9h.jpg

:tease:

Loser! Love It! I feel like that's the exact relationship I have with this auto clutch right now. 

I just did a 200 miler from Mesa -> 87 -> 188 -> 60 -> Mesa as my first long ride on it and was very pleased. After riding only dirt for the past decade, this thing is like riding a big comfy couch, with balls.