New member from the UK

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vaughan G-H

Reaction score
Hello from the UK!

Hi guys, well, I live in England although I'm from Wales.

I bought my FJR a couple of months ago and am loving it. I've only ever ridden sports bikes before, which were getting just too impractical. Plus, I'm getting too old. Also, with the luggage, I can now pop back to Wales for a quick visit.

You can't buy a new FJR in the UK or Europe anymore, I might have one of the last ones sold in this country.

She was born in January 2018, FJR1300 AE with electronic suspension.

Buying this was the best thing ever, even my wife loves going on the back, it's an absolute game changer.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG-20230301-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20230301-WA0002.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230301_120805.jpg
    20230301_120805.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 2
Hello from the UK!

I bought my FJR a couple of months ago and am loving it. I've only ever ridden sports bikes before, which were getting just too impractical. Plus, I'm getting too old. Also, with the luggage, I can now pop back to Wales for a quick visit.

You can't buy a new FJR in the UK or Europe anymore, I might have one of the last ones sold in this country.

Buying this was the best thing ever, even my wife loves going on the back, it's an absolute game changer.

Cheers!
Sounds like you bought the right motorcycle. Enjoy the ride.

Welcome from the state of PA, USA! As a new member myself, I can assure you that while being a part of this forum cannot make you any better looking, your presence adds value to your riding experience and helps improve the health of your bike. 😛
Cheers!!

Hello from the UK!

Cheers!
Welcome to the FJR group, I also have a FJR1300AE, a 2007 model but it has an automatic clutch and the electronic shift gearbox. guess they must have different models over in the UK. Looks like a great looking bike from your pictures, a nice blue colour, mine came in a silver colour think they only made it for a few years then dropped it! I love the electronic shifting as I have arthritis in my hands so it helps and the smooth gear changes are great. I,m from the north west of the UK in Southport, spent a lot of time scuba diving in north Wales but have lived in Canada for many years and I must say miss the great twist and turns of the UK roads. Hope you have lots of fun on your new bike, I'm sure you will.
Mike S.